What's new

Built-in home speakers hook-up, help! (1 Viewer)

ckirkle780

Auditioning
Real Name
cassidy
I've had 4 built-in speakers in my room for 6 years and I've finally decided to take the initiative to figure out how to hook them up so I can hook up my music to it! :)
91125f72_pic1.jpeg
f4f683be_pic2.jpeg
f591f5a1_pic3.jpeg
The pictures (hopefully they show up!) show the wires in my wall and the ends of the wires, and that they have writing on them which I've taken to mean "right rear, left rear, right front, left front". BUT, I'm a total noob and I have no idea even where to start with this... Help?? :)

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
It will be a straightforward connection to your receiver. The only trick is you may have to turn off the center channel in the set-up menu if your receiver doesn't have auto calibration. What model receiver do you have?

Doug Hess

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Doug Hess
Morning, Cassidy. I'm not sure if you're still out there, but if you're ever unsure about which wire a speaker is attached to, just get a 1.5-volt battery (AAA, AA, C, D) and touch the speaker wire leads to the ends of the battery. That'll make the speaker give out a little noise so you can determine which speaker that wire goes to. Just a little tip I've used for years. :) -Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks