Built-In HDTV (RCAF38310) with Direct-tivo or DirecTV + Tivo?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Raymond_H, Nov 10, 2003.

1. Raymond_H

Raymond_H Stunt Coordinator

Hi,

Ok, I have a RCA F38310, its the direct-view HDTV with a built-in HDTV/DirecTV reciever. The TV has no Video-Out (1 Component IN,4 S-Video Inputs, Audio Out) . I have no subscription to DirecTV or any other provider. Its strickly attenna right now for local channels.

My question,

What is the best cost effective solution and recommended set-up for me to enjoy HDTV through DirecTV with my built-in Reciever (HBOHD, ESPNHD,etc...) and be capable of using the Tivo for non-HDTV programs. Can it be done?

or do I have to do it this way,

DirectTV dish that goes into my built-in Reciever for HDTV programming, then a seperate stand-alone TiVo unit to record non-HDTV programs. Will this set-up work with a No Video Out on the T.V

Please any help is appreciated.

Raymond

2. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    Your cheapest and in my opinion best option is the DirecTivo. Get a multi-sat dish and run three coax cables to your TV. One goes to the built in HD receiver in your TV and two go to the DirecTivo. You have HD programming via your built in HD receiver and time shifted SD programming via the DirecTivo.

-Robert

3. Raymond_H

4. Raymond_H

I just spoke to a representative at Circuit City, and said in theory this solution would work but doesn't know because the TiVo may blow up. He said it might be too much information for the TiVo (DirectTivo) to handle. He also said this is the first time this situation has ever presented itself to him.

So, will it work? and will it work properly with no chance of a fire burning my apartment [​IMG]

Raymond

5. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert