What's new

Built in component shelves/rack (1 Viewer)

Rancho5

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alec
Hey guys. I've got a guy who is going to build in the shelves in my AV closet. It's not so much a big closet but a 24 wide, 24 deep, 60 high space. We will have total access from the back for future use via a removable pegboard panel (back ventilation) . His idea is to build shelves and put them on slider rails. That way I can slide each components shelf out to access the back if needed. Remember I do have access from the back if needed, it just means crawling into hot spaces and stepping on trusses. Kind of a pain the the sliders are much more convienent.

All the wires and cables attach via a 7.2 panel purchased at monoprice and there will be 2, 4 outlet boxes. Projector on its own circuit, components on their own, etc. Why do I need 8 outlets? Because I can and it's cheap to do now.

Anyway, I'd love your suggegstions or thoughts.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
So you have pegboard ventilation into an attic area? What stops the hot air from the attic from flowing the other way and heating up your equipment? In the summer my attic is a "warm" 130+ degrees.

-Robert

Rancho5

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alec
It's an attic truss setup so there are walls and ceilings on the outside. We plan on insulating those walls and also the ceiling to keep the air from coming back in. I would be open to any suggestions you might have.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jls
Recent bookmarks