What's new

Building New PC HEAT questions (1 Viewer)

KyleS

Screenwriter
I have researched a lot on the XPC cases but I have not seen this setup and I am wondering if anyone has run a similiar setup and their experiences with HEAT issues. Any recommendations on other additional parts that I should get? I will be receiving all these parts by Friday and cant wait for the weekend so I can set this up and have some fun.

XPC SB75G2 Intel 875 Chipset
P4 3.2ghz 800fsb
1Gig PC3200 Kingston Hyper X
160GB Western Digital 8mb buffer X2 in Raid 0 Array
Radeon 9800 128mb All in Wonder
Plextor 708A BLK 8x DVD Burner
Windows XP Professional

I am worried mainly about the Heat build up of the Dual SATA hard drives with the processor and Video card. I will be using the I.C.E. Heat pip that comes with the XPC case and I have ordered an extra Vantec Dual Ball bearing fan & a Thermaltake fan for the chipset but what else is there that can be done to keep the case cool without taking the side off?

I will be using this system to transfer a ton of old Video tapes over to DVD for safer long term keeping & to make copies for a couple of friends.

KyleS

Tekara

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Well, in my shuttle XPC I run two video cards (AIW9700pro + PCI gffx5200), two hardrives (WD800JBs), and a cd burner. It's a bit toasty inside the case (>50*C) but nothing has ever had problems. Which really isn't a surprise since most devices have operating tempuratures upwards of 80*C. of course it also means no overclocking, which is a bit of a shame.

KyleS

Screenwriter
What type of processor are you running in your machine Rob, and what model case are you using? I now have everything installed and I am just waiting on my processor to be delivered and its KILLING ME! ;)

I am wondering with the Sb75G2 case if they were planning on the higher heat because both side have a nice Vent running the whole length of the case. Did you try to install another case fan or HD cooler/fan below or next to the lowest HD to help move more air?

KyleS

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks