What's new

Building new HT! Please advice... (1 Viewer)

Scott_Gman

Auditioning
Hello all...

I am new to this site but have been lurking for a few weeks. I am building a HT from scratch and want to get the most for what I have to spend. This HT will be going into a small room (12X12). Here is the list of what I am leaning toward purchasing:

TV: Toshiba 42HDX82
A/V: Harman Kardon AVR-320
SPK: JBL NS-P1II
SUB: Sony SA-WM40
DVD: Panny RP82

Please let me know if I'm going in the right direction or if I should do something drastically different. Thank You!

One last thing, anybody know anything about Etronics.com? Their prices seem to be the best I can find.

~SG

Gary Thomas

Second Unit
You are definately getting some quality gear. Don't forget to budget for decent video cables. I use Radio Shack Gold series for audio cables.

Two things I typically recommend:

1. A satellite w/ PVR (Personal Video Recorder) or a Tivo. This has been my family's favorite addition to our system.

2. As much subwoofer as you can afford. I feel that the sub gives you that "theater" feeling you're looking for.

Enjoy your new set-up...I guarantee that you'll have as much fun buying the gear as you will watching movies!

Zena

Auditioning
Scott, I too have been researching HT systems and looking to buy online. Etronics, although good prices, seems to have a real mixed bag of reviews for service and shopping experience. Check out epinions.com (also, some comments on cnet.com & audioreviews.com).
I do not have first hand experience yet!

Scott_Gman

Auditioning
Thank you for the feedback.

Much appreciated!

Gary, I actually went out and got on of those All-In-One Wonders from ATI for my computer and have had a lot of fun with it. In addition to taping shows, I can save them and burn them to CD or DVD (I haven't had a chance with a DVD burner yet).

~SG

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks