building new house soon - need ideas

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Aaron H, Jul 26, 2001.

1. Aaron H

Aaron H Supporting Actor

Hi group,
    I'll be building a new house soon and plan to put a HT in the upstairs bonus room. It's 21' x 15'. I guess right now I am considering putting together a multi-zone/multi-room system and am looking for FAQ's or ideas, etc.
    I read the latest S&V article on multiroom systems but I don't think that gave very many useful ideas. I'll be using a Denon 3802 and a SVS sub. That's all I have really decided on. I have like 3 different speakers I want to try (Paradigm Studio 20's, norh's and Swan Diva's) so I plan on putting these around the house, along with some in-ceiling's and outdoor speakers and am wondering the best way to distribute all of the sound. Been looking at the Russound and Niles websites and it all looks so confusing. I guess I don't even know the most popular things to do and I'm sure I don't even know what's possible.
    I'd like another smaller HT in the master bedroom. Do I need another receiver, etc, in there, or will the Denon 3802 handle that fine, even if its not located in the room? That Adcom 5006 (50W x 6) amp sure looks cool.....
    Thanks for any URLS, ideas, etc. I like the gadgets, but don't wanna go overboard with $$. Looking for the best price-to-performance ideas here.
    Aaron

2. David Giesbrecht

David Giesbrecht Second Unit

Even if you have already decided to go with SVS consider doing an infinite baffle instead.