1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Building kid's desk

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gordon C Jr, Jul 29, 2002.

1. Gordon C Jr

Gordon C Jr Stunt Coordinator

Does anyone have a good link or resource for a do-it-yourself project of building a child's desk.

Or does anyone have any useful tips.

2. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    I'm just about ready to get started building a desk for my daughter. I built all her bedroom furniture (bed, toy chest, armoire). The desk is the final piece.
    I haven't yet thought too much on the design or measurements. Probably be about 2.5' deep x 4' long with one drawer and bookshelf's down one side.
    Peace Out~[​IMG]

3. Zen Butler

Zen Butler Producer

Zen K. Butler
    I built one for my daughter, she is older 14. The only reason was to match my flat's hardwood floors better. Desks are cheap, cheesy ones anyways. Mine was 2' deep, 3 1/2 in width. Shelf over the top for storage, which was supposed to be for a computer monitor. Well she ended up with a laptop, and we aced the top-section [​IMG]
    http://www.rockler.com usually has products and cool ideas, start with them maybe.
    RonP said: