What's new

Building custom 5.1 system need crossover help! (1 Viewer)

ebrackin

Auditioning
Real Name
Ethan
Im new to the design aspect of handmade surround sound systems but I dont want to spend the thousands of dollars for a system I could very well do myself. I am very good at wood working and putting things together so building is not a problem but im having trouble matching speakers and putting the right crossover together to get the best sound for the buck.

Here is what I have come up with to start with and im open to any and all suggestions. All of these choices were based on researching Definitive Technologies Mythos on-wall speakers and trying to match frequency range and efficiency. I am on some sort of a budget but I am more interested in making a high quality system so if I need to change the setup and save more then I will.

The L&R front and Center channel are made to fit around my 47" LCD screen.

L&R 29"H X 8"W X 4.5"D

2X Midrange Pyle Pro PDMR5 5.25"
8ohm
100RMS-200Max
Freq 450Hz-7kHz

1 Woofer Peerless 830541 6"
4ohm (I cant find a good 8ohm so I need alot of help on this)
60RMS-120Max
Freq 59Hz-5kHz

1 Tweeter Pyle aluminum frame; Titanium super dome
8ohm
75RMS-150Max
Freq 2Hz-25kHz

I need to know if these will work with the woofer and also what crossover will work in a 3 way connection with these speakers. The system will be run by a Pioneer Elite VSX01TXH 7.1 system that runs 110w X 7 at 8ohms with .09%THD. The use of this system is for HD movie use and some music use. the rooom is 12' X 18'.

I havent gotten to the surrounds yet bc I need to learn the fronts first. but I was planning on using one Midrange and one Tweeter of the same type. These are on the wall speakers and any suggestions would be most appreciated!

Thank you. If you want to give personal recomendations please email to [email protected]
P.S. I can have drawings of the system as well as renders of the room itself scanned and sent if this would help.

ebrackin

Auditioning
Real Name
Ethan
Im new to the design aspect of handmade surround sound systems but I dont want to spend the thousands of dollars for a system I could very well do myself. I am very good at wood working and putting things together so building is not a problem but im having trouble matching speakers and putting the right crossover together to get the best sound for the buck.

Here is what I have come up with to start with and im open to any and all suggestions. All of these choices were based on researching Definitive Technologies Mythos on-wall speakers and trying to match frequency range and efficiency. I am on some sort of a budget but I am more interested in making a high quality system so if I need to change the setup and save more then I will.

The L&R front and Center channel are made to fit around my 47" LCD screen.

L&R 29"H X 8"W X 4.5"D

2X Midrange Pyle Pro PDMR5 5.25"
8ohm
100RMS-200Max
Freq 450Hz-7kHz

1 Woofer Peerless 830541 6"
4ohm (I cant find a good 8ohm so I need alot of help on this)
60RMS-120Max
Freq 59Hz-5kHz

1 Tweeter Pyle aluminum frame; Titanium super dome
8ohm
75RMS-150Max
Freq 2Hz-25kHz

I need to know if these will work with the woofer and also what crossover will work in a 3 way connection with these speakers. The system will be run by a Pioneer Elite VSX01TXH 7.1 system that runs 110w X 7 at 8ohms with .09%THD. The use of this system is for HD movie use and some music use. the rooom is 12' X 18'.

I havent gotten to the surrounds yet bc I need to learn the fronts first. but I was planning on using one Midrange and one Tweeter of the same type. These are on the wall speakers and any suggestions would be most appreciated!

Thank you. If you want to give personal recomendations please email to [email protected]
P.S. I can have drawings of the system as well as renders of the room itself scanned and sent if this would help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
absplumbing
Recent bookmarks