What's new

Building active crossovers (1 Viewer)

AlexKunec

Stunt Coordinator
Can someone refer me to a site that shows how to make an active crossover. I want to connect my sub to my Main and Sub Preouts (Main preouts put out quite a bit more bass for some reason) However the sub seems to put out quite a bit of distortion when connected to the main preouts. With subamp at 50z. I think this is because the 12db/octave filter doesn't rolloff fast enough. I would like to make an active filter to:
Combine the three preouts
Put signal through lowpass xover at 60hz at 24db/oct
Put signal out to one rca.

Marv

Stunt Coordinator
Alex, here is my site where (if you have MS Excel) you can down load some files to help calculate component values for your filters. It should help in that stage of your project anyway.
Go Here
Combining the 3 preouts to a single out will be easy with an opamp. I don't know of a site to show you this but if you have a Radio Shack near you go see if they have any electronic project books that give examples. The circuit is quit simple. If I had a scanner I would draw and email you the circuit (I been wanting a scanner) using paint to draw is a little time consuming. You will also need a +/- 12v-15v power supply for the opamps.
Hope this helps!

Ellen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ellen
I just finished building the one from Rod Elliot's site (referenced in Peter's post). If you can solder and stuff a printed circuit board, you should have no trouble putting one of these together.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks