building a s-video cable

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by Alain.P, Jul 20, 2004.

1. Alain.P

Alain.P Extra

Good day all,

Could anyone provide me with instruction or a site that teaches how to build a s-video cable please. I am thinking of using the Belden 1808A cable but have no idea how to proceed from there

Thank you very much

Alain

2. Leo Kerr

Leo Kerr Screenwriter

I haven't taken one apart, but I would imagine that trying to 'build' the 4-pin mini-DIN would be an absolute demon.

Much less twice.

If, on the other hand, it turnes out to be not so bad, do let us know!

Leo Kerr

3. Darren_T

Darren_T Second Unit

I'm not sure there would be much to gain from building your own S-Video cable as they are relatively cheap to begin with...might cost more to DIY.

4. RomanSohor

RomanSohor Second Unit

If you need a really long run and want to make an S-video cable I would recomment purchasing a 2-BNC to S-video adapter, and making your long run with 2 BNC cables. We have done that for installs in media classrooms and it's worked well for us.

5. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

From all that I've heard from friends that make cables building s-video cables is a really big PITA. Personally i just bought a long AR s-video cable (try accessories4less) that was reasonably priced and built well.

6. Leo Kerr

Leo Kerr Screenwriter

the thing I had against suggesting the 4-pin to 2-bnc was it seems that the whole purpose of this sort of thing is to eliminate as many connections as possible - and those adapters are... in the way.

But, right on top of that, we're using a couple of them successfully at work..

Leo Kerr

7. Ted Drain

Ted Drain Agent