What's new

Building a low budget HT, one piece at a time. (1 Viewer)

Sonnyc

Grip
Well, I poured all my savings into my Mits 55511 and now have to build a cheapo HT.
So far I got a Harmon/Kardon 320 from Fry's "black Friday" special for $299, a JVC-SA70BK DVD Player for $179, a pair of KEF Reference One (5 years old) front speakers from a trade with my bro-in-law for a computer system and a 21" Sony. I'm waiting for the Dahlquist PDQ1200 sub to arrive ($80/shipped Ubid).
I'm still looking for a center. I know timbre match/same brand is important but a match center for the KEF is way out of my pocket. I'm thinking either a Level 2/3 center ($130 or less) and some Klipsh for the rear (I saw the Quintet and KSB1.1(?)) for cheap, about $100/pair
I know it's not an ideal setup, but I'm literally broke :frowning: .
What do you think or suggest?
Thanks

Mathew Shelby

Second Unit
I suggest taking advantage of no interest financing somewhere. BB has it for 24 months and CC for 12 months on all purchases. With such a nice television, you dont want to waste your money on a cheap system. Even if you buy the cheaper components, you will not be happy with it and will want to upgrade within six months to a year. I am on my fourth receiver in four years for that exact reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks