building a crossover for infinity component set (car)

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Brian Pokosh, Dec 5, 2003.

1. Brian Pokosh

Brian Pokosh Agent

I had the crossovers for my Infinity Perfect 6.1s stolen from my car over a year ago and want to get these back in use. I've check the spec sheet from Infinity and this is all I found on the crossovers:
    Crossover Frequency: 3.5kHz, 24dB/oct.
    Linquitz-Riley Acoustic

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I did call Infinity early this year and they wanted something like $100 to replace them.

2. Chris Tsutsui

Chris Tsutsui Screenwriter

I think your best bet will be to find somebody with the crossover and find out what components values are in it so u can make your own.

You'll probably need 4 caps, 2 inductors, and 2 resistors (from looking at the pic) for each crossover which will run you about $40 in parts. What's hard is finding the inductor value and DC resistance which is supposed to have an impact on the sound.

Although... perhaps a simple "textbook" crossover will give you satisying results. I find that car environments mainly ask for loud and balanced sound. You could do a search for a crossover calculator such as loudspeakers101.com and get values for a 4th order L-R crossover.