Build Home Theater Advice

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by suresh*, Jun 30, 2006.

1. suresh*

suresh* Auditioning

Hello All,

I want to spend around 1500$ on building a HT system. The use is for both music and movies you can 50% of each. Which is the ideal speakers with subwoofer and receiver that may give me some very good sound quality.
    Please gurus and experts kindly give me your advice and suggestions that will be very help full.
    Thanks in advance.

2. marcIs

marcIs Stunt Coordinator

if your looking in the tower field it could be a little hard to put a package togather for 1500. HK has Harmon Kardon a good sub sat system pair that up with a smaller denon, but the key is good audio connects. wires,cables,and power sources, and for less then 1500 youll be ready to listen to star was 3 in 6.1 with clean and solid sound music will be crisp the sub is a 10 inc that can play pretty low i like this system best buy or future shop will carry thies spks the amp im noy shure.

3. suresh*

suresh* Auditioning

Thanks sir,

Well lot of people are talking about SVS SBS-01 5.1 Set with PB10-NSD, this is priced at $999 on SVS but the speakers are lil big. and if we spend another 300-400 on a receiver which like HK 240 will this make a good peice of se up.
    please advice.

4. SethH

SethH Cinematographer

That setup is very good. The front three in my system are from that SVS series and I've really enjoyed them. It will be difficult to find anything much smaller that will sound as good as the SVS speakers in your price range.

5. BillSuneson

BillSuneson Stunt Coordinator

and there was a HK DPR 1001 posted on the hardware sale/trade page today, would be a great receiver for those speakers and still leave you some cash for speaker wire/interconnects

Bill