What's new

Bug's Life CE - when did they change the box? (1 Viewer)

Adrian Ballard

Auditioning
I was at the local BB today and noticed that Bug's Life CE was repackaged into one of the thin 2 disc cases like Castaway. All artwork was the same though. When and why did they do this?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Hmmmm. Are you sure it was the double CE version? I just picked one up myself at Costco this past weekend and it was still in the fat, double-wide case.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Adrian Ballard is correct. Like Armageddon: Criterion Collection, the Bug's Life: Collector's Edition is now available in a thin case. Don't know why companies do this. I think the double wide case was pretty cool.

AlbertH

Stunt Coordinator
they changed it a while ago. I bought mine late 2000 and it was the thin 2 disc. I guess they just produce both versions still.

Heinz W

Second Unit
I was hunting this title a Best Buy last week and I found the Gold Edition(non-anamorphic) only in the Disney/Family section. I did see the CE in and Disney gift set, a collection including the Toy Story and Fantasia boxes; the Tarzan, Bug's Life, Snow White, and a couple other Collector Editions all for about $200.00! All the CE versions in that set (there were several of these gift sets ) had double alpha cases.
Unfortunately I already own most of the collections therein, so I'll have to scour the web for it I suppose...

Matthew_S

Second Unit
Like Armageddon: Criterion Collection, the Bug's Life: Collector's Edition is now available in a thin case. Don't know why companies do this. I think the double wide case was pretty cool.
I'm sure they do this to conserve shelf space and it's also cheaper to produce.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I saw a set at A&B Sound that had Toy Story 1 & 2 and A bug's Life for $49.99CAD. I'm not sure if it was the collector's edition though but I would have picked it up if I didn't already have the Ultimate Toybox.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks