Bug's Life CE - when did they change the box?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Adrian Ballard, Mar 6, 2002.

1. Adrian Ballard

Adrian Ballard Auditioning

I was at the local BB today and noticed that Bug's Life CE was repackaged into one of the thin 2 disc cases like Castaway. All artwork was the same though. When and why did they do this?

2. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Hmmmm. Are you sure it was the double CE version? I just picked one up myself at Costco this past weekend and it was still in the fat, double-wide case.

3. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

Adrian Ballard is correct. Like Armageddon: Criterion Collection, the Bug's Life: Collector's Edition is now available in a thin case. Don't know why companies do this. I think the double wide case was pretty cool.

4. AlbertH

AlbertH Stunt Coordinator

they changed it a while ago. I bought mine late 2000 and it was the thin 2 disc. I guess they just produce both versions still.

5. Heinz W

Heinz W Second Unit

I was hunting this title a Best Buy last week and I found the Gold Edition(non-anamorphic) only in the Disney/Family section. I did see the CE in and Disney gift set, a collection including the Toy Story and Fantasia boxes; the Tarzan, Bug's Life, Snow White, and a couple other Collector Editions all for about $200.00! All the CE versions in that set (there were several of these gift sets ) had double alpha cases.
    Unfortunately I already own most of the collections therein, so I'll have to scour the web for it I suppose...

6. Matthew_S

Matthew_S Second Unit

7. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    I saw a set at A&B Sound that had Toy Story 1 & 2 and A bug's Life for $49.99CAD. I'm not sure if it was the collector's edition though but I would have picked it up if I didn't already have the Ultimate Toybox.