What's new

Bugs Bunny 80th Anniversary Collection (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Not sure what the hostility is about considering my comment was intended as humor which the happy face should have communicated.

I knew you were joking but George Feltenstein from WB reads these threads. If he thought we agreed with your comment, there would be less chance of Lumber-Jack Rabbit being released in 3-D. I know it's a long shot but we can always hope.

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
If it's too late for Lumber-Jack Rabbit in 3-D being released in the set, an acceptable alternative would be for W/B to offer it as mail in bonus or online download of a frame packed .iso file and an anaglyph .mp4 (for those without a 3D TV) that could be burnt into a DVDr or played from a PC.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Wish I could skip the box o’ discs and simply buy a stand-alone of the Funko on its own.:rolleyes:

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Howie! I was taking more then the usual time to mull. I was always going to buy this set, so this price makes it a immediate no brainer. Thanks again for the heads-up.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I ordered mine through Target, It was $62.99 - 20% off with Target Circle and %% off the remainder. I had some gift cards I wanted to use up so it was arguably close to the Amazon price.

When they packed it, the put a air bag over the top, but other that the other discs I ordered there was no protection for the sides. The POP! survived but the the bottom piece that holds the middle blu-ray holder was broken and two discs were loose. I would have rather they printed the list of the cartoons on the back of the disc cover/label - instead of on a smaller piece of tri-fold paper.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Oh shoot, sorry to hear that damage from shipping Bryan. This is a concern I have for Amazon these days, hopefully they ship the set in a box rather then a padded envelope. I’ll let you know.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Holding off on this one to see if a non-toy version comes out. Glad to see they have a bunch of new toons at least, but boy, I've been slowly going through that Porky set so I'm in so rush. Multiple cartoons of the same character are just not the best way to view these. I'd prefer chronological collections by year. I know the 30's stuff may be a tough sell, so start with Volume one being from the prime era and work your way around. Fantagraphics did that with their Carl Barks comics collections and no one complained, Disney and Warner's should do the same with these toons.

Arthur Powell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arthur
This is tempting, but I'm going to hold off. I have a feeling that this set will likely drop to a lower price or be available in a cheaper, non-demonic Bugs funko edition in the near future. Besides, with all the money I spent on the Kino and WAC sales, I've done my duty in stimulating the holiday economy. ;)

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Oh shoot, sorry to hear that damage from shipping Bryan. This is a concern I have for Amazon these days, hopefully they ship the set in a box rather then a padded envelope. I’ll let you know.
FTR it came in a box with two other movies/disks :(

Marsh

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marshall Fish
Hello all,

My web review/article on the Bugs 80th Anniversary box set was published online last night. I didn't focus on the technical details mentioned . My idea was to mention more of the content, which is very enjoyable. I wasn't familiar with many of the 47 cartoons that were new to Blu-ray. The Doc-umentary is a lot of fun, too.

Happy new year,
Marshall

Review of Bugs Bunny 80th Anniversary Collection Blu-ray set

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
The digital code that comes with the set is only redeemable at VUDU. In addition, VUDU classifies the set as a TV show which means it doesn't link with Movies Anywhere and therefore you can't view on Itunes/Apple TV. The discs themselves come in a standard keep case for easy storage. You can dump the Funko Pop and outside packaging if you wish. Makes me certain there will be a disc alone version of this set eventually, maybe without the digital code.

Last edited:

Marsh

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marshall Fish
The digital code that comes with the set is only redeemable at VUDU. In addition, VUDU classifies the set as a TV show which means it doesn't link with Movies Anywhere and therefore you can't view on Itunes/Apple TV. The discs themselves come in a standard keep case for easy storage. You can dump the Funko Pop and outside packaging if you wish. Makes me certain there will be a disc alone version of this set eventually, maybe without the digital code.
That's my guess, too, Garysb, about a disc alone version. But, we'll see.
Marshall

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Amazon had this for $39.99 during "Amazon Day" sales so I bit. It came in today. That Funko thing is one ugly and gaudy piece of junk.

I got #9107 of a 30,000 limited edition run (according to the sticker).

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Amazon had this for $39.99 during "Amazon Day" sales so I bit. It came in today. That Funko thing is one ugly and gaudy piece of junk.

I’m kind of sorry I missed that price. I would have bit on the $40 price. No getting away from the fact that Funko is ugly as all sin. Can’t believe Warner signed off on using it.

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall

I took my Funko Bugs thing to Half Price Books and I got $20 for it.

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
Great deal! Lowest price ever! If I hadn't purchased already (at $66.99) I'd be all over it.

bugs.jpg

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Great deal! Lowest price ever! If I hadn't purchased already (at $66.99) I'd be all over it.

View attachment 116207

Yeah, I didn't want to spend the money -- especially since I am down to buying less than a dozen discs per year these days.

However, how the hell do you ignore this set at that price point? I had no choice but to make a purchase today.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks