David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I know that Amazon changed their date, but other retailers haven't (yet).

Do we know if Amazon is correct?

David Norman

Premium
I know that Amazon changed their date, but other retailers haven't (yet).

Do we know if Amazon is correct?
WbShop also has 12/1.

Walmart apparently still (or again) appears to have a placeholder date of 12/30/2020

The Alliance group, BBY, Bullmoose still has November though Alliance is often pretty late in changes dates.

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
So they can release Lumber-Jack Rabbit in 3D. Ha!:3dglasses:
They will do it if they want to do something special for the anniversary. I am not enthusiastic about the idea of purchasing a set that consists almost exclusively of shorts that I have already bought multiple times. In fact, I already have every one of these shorts. Do I really want to pay for "What's Opera, Doc?" for the umpteenth time when there are other shorts that have never been released? At least a 3D version of "Lumber-Jack Rabbit" as originally shown in theaters would entice me to buy it before street date.

Last edited:
Reactions: phillyrobt

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
They will do it if they want to do something special for the anniversary. I am not enthusiastic about the idea of purchasing a set that consists almost exclusively of shorts that I have already bought multiple times. In fact, I already have every one of these shorts. Do I really want to pay for "What's Opera, Doc?" for the umpteenth time when there are other shorts that have never been released? At least a 3D version of "Lumber-Jack Rabbit" as originally shown in theaters would entice me to buy it before street date.

I'll say this again just because you mentioned it...

Warner blew an opportunity here. Had they included LUMBER-JACK RABBIT in 3D they would have sold many of us who are sitting this boxed set out.

Rob W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
"Warner blew an opportunity here. Had they included LUMBER-JACK RABBIT in 3D they would have sold many of us who are sitting this boxed set out."

And started a thread full of complaints that we are being forced to buy dozens of shorts we don't need just to get Lumber-Jack.

You know I'm right about this.. :)

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
I'm just waiting until I can buy this set without that ugly funko attached.

Buy it anyway and sell the FUNKO -- I continue to be shocked (and baffled) at the value some of those things seems to have.
Some of the people buying those Batman Beyond and Batman TAS literally ended up with a nearly free Bluray set after selling the toy(s)
and/or digitals. Of course I continue to be baffled (and shocked) at the at of money people pay for digital copies. At least the FUNKO has a resell value if you decide about Buyers remorse.

Arthur Powell

Second Unit
Real Name
Arthur
Buy it anyway and sell the FUNKO -- I continue to be shocked (and baffled) at the value some of those things seems to have.
Some of the people buying those Batman Beyond and Batman TAS literally ended up with a nearly free Bluray set after selling the toy(s)
and/or digitals. Of course I continue to be baffled (and shocked) at the at of money people pay for digital copies. At least the FUNKO has a resell value if you decide about Buyers remorse.
I'm also not interested in playing Pawn Stars. Just sell me the discs in a normal case. It can't be that difficult.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
"Warner blew an opportunity here. Had they included LUMBER-JACK RABBIT in 3D they would have sold many of us who are sitting this boxed set out."

And started a thread full of complaints that we are being forced to buy dozens of shorts we don't need just to get Lumber-Jack.

I don't believe that would be the case. Why would Warner just release a single short on its own? Of course, it would be included in a boxed set or perhaps with a 3D feature which is way too late to consider at this point.

Reactions: phillyrobt

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille

No one is complaining about buying the Friday the 13th box set to get the 3D version of Friday the 13th part 3.

Rob W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Thank You
Not sure what the hostility is about considering my comment was intended as humor which the happy face should have communicated.

"Many a truth is said in jest".

There is no shortage of threads on this board with exactly the type of complaint I referenced. The Columbia Classics was one of the most recent, with members complaining that they if they wanted Lawrence of Arabia they had to pay for 5 other titles - titles that were completely new to the 4K format.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Macoco