What's new

Bugs Bunny 80th Anniversary Collection (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
Apropos of nothing, I did see this DVD
View attachment 76066 For $9.96 at Wal*Mart today. Apparently that is an in-store price. It does say all of the cartoons on the discs have been previously released.

On Amazon, there are two Essential Bugs Bunny DVD titles, both of which have 20 cartoons on two discs. The covers look extremely similar except for some reversals of red and black in the color scheme. Both include the word "Anniversary"; neither include helpful information like (70th Anniversary; 80th Anniversary).

One user review for the new set claims that it is a repackaged version of the 2010 release, but there might be more to it than that. Amazon shows the 2020 set as has having almost twice the run time of the 2010 set. An editorial review mentions "TV shows, TV specials and shorts never-before released for the home entertainment audience."

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
On Amazon, there are two Essential Bugs Bunny DVD titles, both of which have 20 cartoons on two discs. The covers look extremely similar except for some reversals of red and black in the color scheme. Both include the word "Anniversary"; neither include helpful information like (70th Anniversary; 80th Anniversary).

One user review for the new set claims that it is a repackaged version of the 2010 release, but there might be more to it than that. Amazon shows the 2020 set as has having almost twice the run time of the 2010 set. An editorial review mentions "TV shows, TV specials and shorts never-before released for the home entertainment audience."
Do you have a link to this other collection?

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Does anyone know when did this collection came out, as I don't remembering hearing anything about it.

1595976329671.png

phillyrobt

Second Unit
Real Name
Robt C
The Golden Carrot Collection consists of discs from the Looney Tunes Golden Collection. 2010's Essential Bugs Bunny has been repackaged with an anniversary slip

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
You said that there were two separate titles. I only saw one.

Maybe you didn't scroll the search results, or pay attention to the color schemes. I specifically noted that the covers used the same name, and did not include "70th" or "80th". The color change is the main thing that stands out.

Which has 40 cartoons?

Both covers say that there are 20 classics on 2 discs, but Amazon lists almost twice the running time for the newer set. Why? There are several possible explanations, only one of which is "40 cartoons."

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Maybe you didn't scroll the search results, or pay attention to the color schemes. I specifically noted that the covers used the same name, and did not include "70th" or "80th". The color change is the main thing that stands out.

Both covers say that there are 20 classics on 2 discs, but Amazon lists almost twice the running time for the newer set. Why? There are several possible explanations, only one of which is "40 cartoons."
I guess you can’t find the “longer version” either.

phillyrobt

Second Unit
Real Name
Robt C
Just rechecked my 2 copies of Essential Bugs. Both 155 minutes. Original 2010 release has a black slip, this new one (I got at Walmart) has a red slip. Don't know if Amazon had an exclusive longer version...

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
Just rechecked my 2 copies of Essential Bugs. Both 155 minutes. Original 2010 release has a black slip, this new one (I got at Walmart) has a red slip. Don't know if Amazon had an exclusive longer version...

Amazon's description of the 2020 set didn't show much beyond the front cover and alleged runtime – no back cover, no detailed list of bonus material, not even a listing of the 20 'core' cartoons. Warner Brother's site has a press release for the 2010 set, but not the 2020 one.

Without more information, it's hard to say if Amazon has an exclusive version (e.g., such as Target's version of James Taylor's latest CD), or if the 300 minutes is a listing error.

Cacher

Auditioning
Real Name
Pete D. Pyratte
Eh, if this was really legit it would iclude a pull string talking bugs bunny, from the early 1960s.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks