What's new
  • Announcing New Ownership at Home Theater Forum. Learn More

Bugs and issues with HD sources? (1 Viewer)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
So is there an HD-DVD player, including the X-Box or Blu-Ray including the PS3, or any component HD format player that is bug free? I hear that the players all have the CUE (chroma upsampling error). Any other issues?

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Chris,

You just may have worded your question poorly. Or at least pose a problem with that.

No-one can say that a specific player is "bug-free".
Even the theory says so: the full correctness of a program cannot be demonstrated or proven.

Furthermore: if a machine exhibits a specific property, who knows whether or not that's a bug. E.g. if the designers of a particular player accepted the presence of the CUE (perhaps it was found too costly to avoid it), it may have the error and still be bug free (work as designed), while if they thought they had been able to avoid it and it's still there, that machine contains a bug.

And suppose I own a player with a function I never use in practice, it could contain a bug without me ever finding out.

So, I think many members who own a fine player that doesn't present any problem to them are still hesitant to post in this thread.

Cees

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Fair enough. I think CUE is a known "issue" and that is why I used that wording in my subject title. I have heard that the HD format players have CUE but I wondered which do and which do not. I'm looking to crap all over the new format players. I have a dvd player with CUE and it's not too bad, but sometimes it can be disappointing when it is bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MSC
Recent bookmarks