What's new

Buget speakers (1 Viewer)

Wolfgang

Auditioning
Well/Well..... I can never under stand why some take thigs so far......TRTHEATER RESEARCH these speakers are a grate speaker if you take them in there price range not sales pich price range bad sales pich or white van sales does not have anything to with the seakers... these sould be sold at the high end for about 700 us to a low end of about 99.00 us. I tested 2800-1610 in the studio and they scored quite high . Up there with the others in the right price range. For the low end user that was to buy I would say these are close to the top in there right price range....If your like me then and have to have the best yes I have $20,000 speakers, but if I could not spend big money I would jump all over these.... My friend now has the ones I tested and he love's them......Take care all.......
I just felt I need to add this here....

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter
They are crap sold out of white vans. Use the search function, the topic has been beaten to death here.

EDIT- Here is a link to the most recent attempt to peddle this junk here.

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter

Since you tested these in "the studio and they scored quite high" please post the measurements and response graph. Please include your reference equipment and media played during testing too. Thanks!

JamesCB

Second Unit

I would be very interested to see how these were "tested" as well. I don't see how they could "score quite high". Compared to what?

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Wolfgang, you have a writing style remarkably similar to another recent poster regarding low-end speakers. While it is nice of you to inform us all of the good buys available, I join in with Chris and James in thinking it would be of even more benefit if you would share the results of your measurements with us.

I’m glad that you have $20,000 to spend on speakers. What do you have?

BTW, it would be easier to follow your posts if you were to adhere a bit more closely to standard writing practices. I’m not normally one to complain, but some of your language, syntax and your use of words that have different meaning when spelled differently, makes your meaning a bit confusing.

I apologize if English is your second language or if you are not far enough along in school to have come across the difference between ‘there’ and ‘their’.

Wolfgang

Auditioning
measurements and response ,media played during testing
Compared to what?
English is my second language but thanks for the help...
What do I have
Magneplanar"s MGII Home
Cambridge studio
JBL'S studio

The test was based on a 24 hour clock, digital brun test the low high's med's tone power rate test.24 hour clock
audio tape 8 ch play back SAE sound board....
the rate off loss bass loss was the most best was mid range
but with the chance from 10 gage wire to monster cable this was the trick bass respond much better...
38-21,000Hz48-20,000Hz-47-1o,000Hz
cut off was dB-33Hz
I never said the were high end but for the right pice there up there.. The par I test cost me $145 and $177
I can't build the cabinet for that price let a lone put speakers in them.to bad the abot the feel some have about these some have someone had a good product for the low to med market, sale pich my have killed it.....

Compared to what price range off 700 speakers
test were the Tr-2800- 1610 I had two others in the studio
and a friend got me a set
Sony 2115 oder set ,Image Series,audio sphererelow end JBL Some told me there was no crossover in them
someone changed mine there was one there not high end but good....

JamesCB

Second Unit
What is the point of this thread? Is someone trying to convince us (and/or prospective buyers) that buying cheaply constructed speakers out of the back of a van is ok?

I laugh each time I see the boxes these come in with the MSRP printed right on the box. $2000.00 for a single floorstanding speaker that weighs 36 lbs? LOL

Nathan Stohler

Second Unit
Real Name
Nathan Stohler

Well, there you have it guys. This should silence the naysayers. I challenge you to find a $144 pair of speakers with this kind of performance (based on a 24 hour clock digital brun tone power rate test, of course).

Kevin G.

Second Unit
what a shame..., God save all the poor souls that are looking for a quality speaker at a good value. I mean, I, luckily stumbled across this forum... I would bet as many others do, and was rewarded with all the vast knowledge offered here.
If any one was just looking for a set of speakers and stumbled accross these, WHITE VAN SPECIALS, well, caveat..., y'know?
Isn't there some way we're protected from this sort of trash on this forum? thanks to all those that responded in the fashion that you did,
Wolfgang, I hope you see that most here will protect their own... find someone else to prey upon.

ScottCHI

Screenwriter
omg, at that price i can put several sets in my ht room. a whole set for each channel even. more is better right?

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter

SAE? I thought we were talking about speakers not motor oil

Wolf- Next time build a history on a board. Don't register and immediately make your first posts about how good white van speakers are "in the right price range"

BTW- If you spent $20K on MGII "Home" Maggies you overpaid about $17K. Also if your system had $20K in speakers you would not be using Monster cable.

Tim Ranger

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys, I think this might be even better than the comedy channel. I think someone is pulling our chains . . .

Jeff-Watson

Stunt Coordinator
My goodness!!!!! What have I become. After spending several thousand dollars and weeks of work auditioning speakers I have been blinded. Polk who? I new Matthew Polk was robbing me blind.

I love this board and all of the info I get day to day. It is directly responsible for my home theater addiction -uh I mean hobby.:b But these white van trolls are really bugging me and insulting the many men and women who have helped guide me through my theater build-up. Keep calling them out guys so that newbies don't become a victim.:angry:

Ok someone else want to borrow the soap box?

Wolfgang

Auditioning
I'll end this I just wanted to help a few here to know the few hundred the spent was not so bad.
I don't know of you who work testing this stuff but I have done it for 20 years and my father longer in Germany and now Canada weighs 36 lbs some said is light..that's ok for Jbl's are42 lbs I don't use monster cabes I used them to test
and-Magneplanar were not 20,000 3500.00

I was talking are about are stuido speakers

I never thought it would get like this just want help some out here,ok
SAE motor oil don't get sorry LOL
I like what I read about in there it's good to hear what others think Thank you. Wofgang Puck

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Take no offense Wolfgang, but a good many of us are advocates of inexpensive speakers available through channels that are familiar and from companies with proven products and customer service.

For example Axiom, one of the sponsors of this forum makes a very fine product. To be sure I have not heard their entire line and have never really done any valid A/B comparisons, but what I have heard has been quite impressive for the money. Their entry bookshelves can be had for right around $250/pair. Ascend has a very nice bookshelf priced at just over $300/pair and the Rocket ELT system has bookshelves at $250/pair.

The performance of all of these speakers is pretty well known around here, as many members who are quite careful listeners have made some quite detailed observations on them. To be sure, each line has its supporters, which is what is to be expected as we all have different tastes in music reproduction.

The point is that for us to give very much credibility to your assessment, we would need a bit more information.

To the above I would add that the above companies have very generous return policies. All you have to do is just say you don’t like the speakers and send them back. And these companies all have reputations as providing outstanding customer service. I have dealt with AV123 directly and I can say that they are a company with which it is a pleasure to do business. I have read many, many credible postings about the other companies stating exactly the same thing about them.

Given this background on Internet-direct companies, you may well understand that the majority of the membership views posts like yours with skepticism.

Steve Adams

Second Unit
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=14993

these look an awful lot like the "image" speakers that the local store has here...they are a Distribution brand...only sold through electronics wholesale....the only difference I can find is the tweeter is mounted in cabinet on the image series speakers.

if these are the same, I will back wolfgang on his claims of sound...they sound good. not perfect, but good. Yes there are other speakers that sound better than these, but at what cost? for a budget system, i feel that these image speakers sound pretty damn good....just me...we put them up against JBL towers, and these sounded a little better imo....and the store owner who sells both....

JUST MY OPINION.....:D

Wolfgang

Auditioning
Ok I got it thanks, to Lew Crippen.
I'll just end it with this...
Here it is in full.
Just my feelings here (sorry to ever one)
I just love what I do and talking about it...
8oms inductance 10.000hz I did the same for 8-H inductor
What frequency was use XL of 100MHz 0.5A
L=XL(2rrf)
Thats it..........
Thanks to you all even the LOL guy's here

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks