What's new

Buget Receiver (1 Viewer)

Jame pc

Agent
OK...Don't laugh but I need suggestions on a $200 receiver. I know it's not much but anything has to be better than my 12 year old Kenwood Dolby Pro Logic unit. I need digital audio to compliment my new HD Tuner and Sony HDTV. I'm sure I'm really pushing it to add a set of speakers into the $200 (minus the sub). I'm sure I'll get suggestions to wait and save...but for now, what's a decent setup for...ok...$300 (if anything).

Thanks,
James

John Galvin

Auditioning
check out the classified here - I saw a Denon 3300 or so for $300 in GA. Looked like a good fit - at least a nice step up from where you are!

richard stuber

Auditioning
Jame:

I'm not laughing when I second the Sherwood 7108 - the six speaker Neo6 sounds great on this cheapie!!!!!!

rich

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Highly recommend used and/or refurbished gear for best bang for the buck. And I have had good experience with Sherwood in the past.

Daryn D

Agent
I would check Ebay for a refurbished HK from Harmon Kardon Direct. I picked up an AVR-330 for around $300 over a year ago. It's a great reciever for the price, drives my Paradigm Signature 2's quite well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks