Bug Juice

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jason L., Aug 6, 2001.

1. Jason L.

Jason L. Second Unit

Does anyone know why those 2 girls got kicked out of camp?

2. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

That has got to be the question of the year! I can't imagine what they had with them that they shouldn't have, unless it was an illegal subtance. I actually saw it twice, but it didn't help.
    Glenn

3. StephenT

StephenT Stunt Coordinator

I'm guessing they had pot. What else could it be? That would also kind of explain why they wouldn't tell anyone what the reason was. These are just kids, and they rightly figured that they shouldn't broadcast the facts of their drug use on TV.
    I can't think of anything else serious enough to kick them out and not fully explain.
    ------------------
    Stephen

4. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

Then why mention it at all? This is Disney, and it isn't like it is live. Couldn't they have just had one little interview with one counselor stating that they had to go? It would make it seem more like some sort of emergency had come up, and just wait for a few more days (after the kids recovered) to resume filming.
    Surely a bad call. The kids watching at home are wondering too (ok, some of them). I'd hate to have to tell any child that they had pot on them, and I can see them pestering parents until they find out.
    Glenn