What's new

'BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER' season 3 dvd challenge (1 Viewer)

CherylJ

Stunt Coordinator

Anyway . . . I'm most partial to S2 because of the tortured romance, but S3 is still really good stuff. I love the introduction of Faith to the mix, because she really knows how to shake things up. (And I think ED is great in the role.) I just wish they gave Angel a little more to do in S3. He sort of just hides out in that cave and has one scene with Buffy in every ep when she tells him of her problem du jour and they look at each other with that "sucks to be us" look.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
I couldn't relate because I have never been in that position. In fact, all forms of romance, portrayed in film, TV and books, are completely lost on me.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott

Sigh, me to bud. I am pretty much the last person that would be able to understand this stuff. I am 42 years old, and every experience with the opposite sex I have ever had happened in a 3 year window in my life when I was in the Air Force and stationed in England. That was 17 years ago. That is a very long dought.

Plus, the women in England are completely different animals than the American ones so the little I did learn in my 3 years, was utterly useless when I got back to the states.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
a little commentary:

am I the only person who absolutely hated Faith at this point of the show? I know a lot of people who liked her more than Buffy, Angel and Willow.

As evil as Angelus
was, you had to actually love his performance. With Faith, you just wanted to smack her.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member

I'll be 25 next month, and because of the way my life ended up, and my complete lack of social contact in high school (season 1 Willow had nothing on me, except I had Xander's smarts, not her's) I've had no opportunity at all. It's almost an alien concept.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member

I found her quite pathetic at times, only because she was a kid trying her hardest to play grown-up with the big boys. Without her physical strength, she's literally nothing.

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
Good Morning. It's Monday so that means it's time for a new disc. This past week was the first week where I didn't get the chance to watch all the episodes on the disc assigned because I was actually busy. I did watch: "Helpless" - Good interaction between Buffy and Giles. But she sure did forgive him quickly. By the next episode everything was hunky dory between them again.

"The Zeppo" - Another episode that I didn't care for when I first watched it but on subsequent viewings this has become one of my favorites. That line when Jack asks Xander, "Are you retarded?" and he gives that answer about having to take that test when he was 7 and he has some problem with Math and Spacial relations but he's not 'special' just kills me. Also, the first time I watched this episode I must of been tired and feel asleep before the end and I didn't get to see Xander get his freak on with Faith so I was totally lost when it was mentioned again.

"Bad Girls" - I liked seeing Buffy cutting loose a little bit. I especially like that scene at the Bronze when she sees Angel and runs and jumps on him. I thought that was kind of sexy.

Still need to watch "Consequences". I will watch that as soon as I get home from work tonight.

This weeks episodes include:

"Doppelgangland"
"Enemies"
"Earshot"
"Choices"

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Dopplegangland:

I love this episode. I liked seeing vamp willow again. There is something disturbingly erotic about vamp willow and willow together.

Could Willow possibly look more uncomfortable that she did when she had to put on the leather?

I also like this episode because it has Anya in it.

Enemies:

This one really caught me off guard the first time I watched it. I didn’t see any clues to what is happening. Even now, when I re-watch it, I still don’t see anyway that we would be able to tell what was happening.

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
So, we are in the middle of Season 3 now and it’s time to have the “discussion”. The discussion about how we will incorporate “Angel” into the viewing order. I have come up with an idea.

At first I was going to suggest just rotating one disc per week but since there are some crossovers in Buffy Season 4 and Angel Season 1, I think we will follow the viewing schedule suggested by Daryl L in the “BuffyAngel Viewing Order” thread.

I have the schedule already made up for those two seasons, which will take us from the week of 9/4/06 to the week of 11/13/06.

After that I will come up with a schedule for Buffy Season 5 and Angel Season 2, but that will mostly just be one disc at a time since there are only a few minor continuity issues.

Here is a sample of the viewing order I came up with:

WEEK OF 9/4/06
B4x01: The Freshman
A1x01: City of ….
A1x02: Lonely Heart
B4x02: Living Conditions

WEEK OF 9/11/06
B4x03: The Harsh Light of Day (first real cross-over)
A1x03: In the Dark
A1x04: I Fall to Pieces
B4x04: Fear, Itself

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Earshot:

The timing of this episode was creepy. Guess they had to delay showing this episode because of the Columbine shootings. There was some arc stuff in it. I wonder how confusing that was to the viewers to see it out of order?

Very good episode.

Choices:

I Love the Mayor. He is just so nice and so creepy.

It was good to see Willow starting to get more backbone.

Poor Cordilia. It is hard to feel bad for her, knowing how much of a b she is lately. But we all know where her future lies.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, the airdate was in July...The WB must have put some sort of promo together for it...at least I would think so.

One new episode on in the summer.

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor

That's fine Nicholas. Participate anyway you like. I know there might be some who only watch "Buffy", some who only watch "Angel" and some who watch both. Myself and John W. will definitley be watching both. Second time for watching "Angel" for me and the first for John W.

After we finish with "Angel" Season 5 we plan on going to "Firefly", just FYI.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Personally I dont mind doubling up on Angel and Buffy to do 2 discs a week. That way we can watch the crossovers how we want. But I know some may not have time to I'll go with majority anyway.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Unfortunatly I don't own the Angel series yet. I am holding out for a Box set.

I will try and stay with you via Netflix. But since I don't have full control of when I get the discs, I might have issues.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I already finished both shows again, one disc a week just does not suffice to me (I understand why it does for many), both of those shows are the type that when you get hooked, you'll keep watching until you literally have to go to sleep. With Angel seasons 3, 4 and 5, I finished each season in about three days from when I started

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott

LOL, it is a new series about Pathagoris.

htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

(fixed... Thanks mrs. crabapple)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks