What's new

BUFFY the Vampire Slayer season 1 box set - defective disc (1 Viewer)

JasonRH

Second Unit
I have been waiting to watch this series for a while and picked up the box sets that have been released to date. I actually started the show in mid season 3 and hadn't seen the first 2 seasons at all.

So, I just got season 3 and decided to start watching my sets and find that the 1st disc of season 1 won't play on my PC or home DVD player:frowning:. The home player (Panasonic RV-60) says that the player cannot play that type of disc and the computer simply locks up. The other discs seem to play fine.

Problem is, I bought this set a while back (when it was released) and have no receipt (not that it would be valid anyway) and, thus, I know of no way to get a replacement disc. Is there an address to e-mail Fox for problems such as this, or will they simply say to return it to the store I bought it from (which is impossible)?? I really don't want to have to buy the set over again just to get one disc.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
You could call 1-888-223-2FOX and ask them about it. That's the number to call for "The X-Files-Triangle" problem, but I assume it's a general customer service number.

Are you sure the store won't make an exchange without a receipt? Here in the US, Wal-Mart is pretty good about making exchanges without receipts. As long as it's an item they carry, and you're not asking for money back, they're pretty reasonable.

JasonRH

Second Unit
Rob, Sorry, but I'm not sure who Peter Staddon is?

Malcolm,
I'll try another outlet of Wal-mart over here and see if I have better luck there. Otherwise, looks like I may be out of luck (at least for local exchanges). This'll teach me for not testing my discs out when I first buy them:frowning:

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Jason he is not who you want to talk to. You need to call the Fox customer service number. Just take it back to a store and tell them the situation, most will do same-title exchanges

JasonRH

Second Unit
Jeff,
Is the number Malcolm provided above the correct one? Would there be a different # to call in Canada?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
might be a different number for Canada, I don't know

Just return it to a local store, it'll save you a lot of time

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks