What's new

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer SE? (1 Viewer)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
ANy chance Fox will revist Buffy: The Vampire Slayer with an SE? They'll be runnign out of seasons of the show soon, which has sold pretty well as I understand and will certainly want a way to get more revenue.

THere's and A&E making-of that could be put on. You coudl do a Joos Whedon commentary with some of the actors. I'm sure Paul Ruebens would do it and Luke Perry probably would as well. Kristy Swanson maybe.

Also, there are dleted scenes I'd like to see included. Especially Seth Green's scene.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
IIRC, Joss hates the movie. He's mentioned that because of decisions made, not by the director [who I believe was a producer on the tv series] but by the producers, that he left the set of the movie and basically divorced it from his mind.

I don't think he'd do a commentary for the same reason why we don't have the Buffy pilot on DVD (it's godawful... and features faux-Willow ;)).

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'm not sure fans of the TV series cross over much into being fans of the movie too.

I know I think the film is awful, but am a huge fan of the TV series. I wouldn't touch the film if they tried to give it away.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Best Buy did try to give it away with a purchase of Season 5. I didn't take it. Honestly, I'd never watch it, couldn't sell it, and didn't need it clogging up my shelf space.

MattGentry

Second Unit
Yes, I too am a HUGE fan of the series, and cannot stand the movie.

And yes, as far as I can remember, Joss hates the movie...

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I enjoyed the film for what it was and, for the most part, it fits into the continuity of the TV series. Sure, it has its problems but it does have some really funny performances, especially Paul Reubens and Hilary Swank. :emoji_thumbsup:

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor

I did take it. Finally got around to watching it last month and have to agree with your assesment. It's the only movie in my collection that I don't like.

On the plus side it will make a great "trainer" DVD for my children when they get old enough to touch the DVD player. If they can safely load it into the player, then they can be trusted with other discs. :D

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
Humbug. The movie is a lot of fun, and far more entertaining than the poorly-written sludge of Buffy seasons 6 and 7, and much closer to the original "vision" of Buffy than the tiresome soap-operatics of season 5.

Sure it has its flaws, but it has something very likable and fun at its core: the story of a cheerleader-type who finds that she has been chosen to save the world. That is the core of the Buffy concept and it comes through loud and clear. It doesn't have the metaphorical aspect, with monsters as metaphors for high school problems; that was added for the TV series, which I agree is better than the movie overall... but the movie is way better than many an episode of the series. What do I care if Whedon disowns it? He doesn't disown "Family" or the episodes with Fonzie Spike, and they still suck. The proof is in the finished product, not whatever the writer wanted it to be. Bring on a better DVD, say I.

"Kill him a lot!"

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
I enjoyed this cheese-fest of a flick at the time, but I can see why Wheadon didn't like the end-results.

That being said, my preconcieved notions CAUSED by this movie prevented me from watching the excellent TV series for years. Just started watching the DVDs a while ago, actually.

Would I buy an SE of it? Not sure. Depends on what kind of package they put together.

That being said, I still think Kristy Swanson is hotter than SMG. ;) (Look! An open can! And there are worms all over the place!)

And yeah... Paul Ruebens was great fun in this flick. :D

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
From what I have read, I dont think even Joss wants to revisit it. It was a medicore film and it should be left as a regular edition.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks