What's new

Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Limited Edition Complete Boxed Set (2 Viewers)

Ocean Phoenix

Supporting Actor

Worst episode? No way. This was a great episode and a great season opener. With this and then "The Replacement" (my second favourite episode), season five was shaping up to be an excellent season...until Glory showed up and ruined it. I agree about "Where The Wild Things Are". Season four is one of my favourite seasons, and that episode tainted it. If I ever buy this show's DVDs, I'm probably only getting seasons 2 to 4.

Ocean Phoenix

Supporting Actor

Well I don't love that episode, but I thought metaphorically representing drug addiction through Willow's problems with magic was kinda cool.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
I too liked "Buffy vs. Dracula"... thought it was fun and Xander was hilarious. S5 at the time was my favorite season but after rewatching the whole series in order with my fiancee, I liked it a bit less. My fiancee couldn't STAND Glory btw. I like S6 better than S5 at this point. Not saying it's better but I like it better. Except "The Body" and "The Gift" were classics. I also loved the one where Spike told Buffy how he killed the other slayers. "You're beneath me..."
And Willow is my fave character and I loved her arc through S6.
Good stuff....

Joel C

Screenwriter
The problem with Wrecked is that Willow's magic addiction isn't a metaphor for drug addiction, it basically IS a drug addiction. I mean, she goes into a magic crack den and gets stoned on magic. Retarded. They should have shown her getting off on the power rather than trippin' balls on the "magiks."

While I agree that Where the Wild Things... has a very crappy A-plot, it is still miles above many S6 and S7 episodes, for me, because at that point, the characters were still fun and jokey and the dialogue was good ("People are going all Felicity with their hair!"). Even if the actual plot, with the tormented children backstory, sounds like something from Charmed.

I mostly liked S5 at the time and have not re-watched it (despite owning the DVDs for two years). I seem to remember still liking the characters, but that the season arc was a little choppy, and while I could deal with Claire Kramer as Glory, the dude playing Ben was AWFUL. I remember a scene where they kept switching back and forth and it was like a contest to see who could give the worst performance.

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor

This is another example of what happened when they gave away Xander's storylines -- it was supposed to be Xander as the human body for Glory.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
The ANGEL episode "Into the Night" was an excellent Part 2 of Buffy's incredibly lame Part 1 "The Harsh Light of Day" with Spike looking for the Gem of Amara, a ring that enables vampires to become impervious to light and indestructible.

Too bad you won't find this or other episodes that start on Buffy and end on Angel in this or any other Buffy set. I'm just glad I bought ANGEL Season One a few years back on DVD, but that was the only season I bought. It will also enable me to see the storyline when Buffy comes to L.A. to visit Angel in that 2-parter when he becomes human and they have sex again with no consequences that second time around. :emoji_thumbsup:

MattFini

Supporting Actor
I don't see any problems with "Wrecked" whatsoever. My least favorite episode would have to be the one in S7 where Willow actually turns into Warren (sorry, I don't recally the name, S7 is just so unmemorable to me).

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I agree with people who say the way they handled Willow's magic as an After School Special resolution. Don't do Drugs(Magic)!! That was just another thing that I didn't like about season 6. The execution was way off.

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor

That is why I specifically asked about a guide that would not give away spoliers for future eposides while discussing a current one.

I enjoy reading about episodes as I watch them. It greatly enhanced my B5 viewing when reading the Lurkers guide after each episode.

Andy

RobertW

Supporting Actor

no, just cause Xander was hilarious in it. and Giles with dracula's wives. some funny stuff there.

"i was just aboiut to dispatch those loathsome creatures" ;D

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Just watched the Buffy Thanksgiving episode, "Pangs" last nite. Funny stuff... And if you don't know it, that's where Anya got the "his P*nis got diseases from a Shumash Tribe" reference for their song in the musical.

:)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I liked "The Body" so much I bought the prop phone(intense bidding) from the episode when E-Bay had the Buffy auction, at the end of the series. "The Body" is in my opinion the most powerful episode of Buffy, or anything I have ever seen on tv. Good stuff.

Rian

Stunt Coordinator
I just had to ask one thing, I've been watching the seasons again with the original releases and something popped in my head. Why wasn't Kristine Sutherland a part of the regular cast instead of just being recurring? Granted she wasn't on every show but I felt that she was on enough to actually be considered regular.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
not sure, Tara was in pretty much every episode during her time on the show and she wasn't in the opening credits until the last episode she's in.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
Being an ANGEL fan who doesn't feel the love for Buffy as a series (sure, I've seen every episode, had the first 4 seasons on DVD )
I wonder, during the few times Angel appeared on the show from season 4 onward ('Pangs', 'The Yoko Factor', 'Fool for Love'-flashback, 'Forever', 'End of Days' and 'Chosen') How did you more 'hardcore' Buffy fans feel about that- especially the series finale appearance?

Those appearances never felt forced to me, but I'm obviously biased...

Also, it was cool seeing all three lead actors of Joss' shows (Gellar, Boreanaz and Fillion) in one scene for the finale.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

my fave of those was "Fool For Love", because it wasn't a "look, we can get a scene of Buffy and Angel together again", but instead Angel's appearence was not at all meant to be a core moment of the episode, so it was nice to see him on the show again rather nonchalantly without the added hype of "this week, Angel returns!!"

About the appearence in End Of Days/Chosen, it was nice to see him back on the show, but it seemed to be anticlimatic. I suppose it was good that Joss didn't want to spend the whole episode devoted to a character who hadn't been a regular in four years that has a show of his own, but I would've liked to have seen Angel partake in the final battle.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks