Buffy: The Animated Serries

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Will Cunningham, Jun 16, 2004.

1. Will Cunningham

Will Cunningham Stunt Coordinator

I was just reading the TVGuide site and they had a very cool tidbit of information about the Buffy animated serries.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/entertainment/

I remember hearing that they were going to re-start production on the animated serries from somewhere before this, but I didn't dare believe it. TV Guide is reporting that the serries is back on track and the pilot will be shown to potential distributors next month. The other interesting bit is that they got all the original actors to do the voices except for Buffy who will be voiced by the video game voice actor instead of Sara Michelle Gellar.

I know it isn't real till someone buys the serries but it still brings a big smile to my face to know that there is something going on in the buffy-verse.

2. Will Cunningham

Will Cunningham Stunt Coordinator

I was just reading the TVGuide site and they had a very cool tidbit of information about the Buffy animated serries.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/entertainment/

I remember hearing that they were going to re-start production on the animated serries from somewhere before this, but I didn't dare believe it. TV Guide is reporting that the serries is back on track and the pilot will be shown to potential distributors next month. The other interesting bit is that they got all the original actors to do the voices except for Buffy who will be voiced by the video game voice actor instead of Sara Michelle Gellar.

I know it isn't real till someone buys the serries but it still brings a big smile to my face to know that there is something going on in the buffy-verse.

3. James T

James T Screenwriter

I heard about this around the time Dawn was introduced on the tv show, which makes it years back. Glad to see it's back on track.

And I don't think I'll be missing the voice of Sarah Michelle Gellar. In the game, the voice actor playing Buffy sounds closer to SMG than the originals do to their own voices.

4. James T

James T Screenwriter

I heard about this around the time Dawn was introduced on the tv show, which makes it years back. Glad to see it's back on track.

And I don't think I'll be missing the voice of Sarah Michelle Gellar. In the game, the voice actor playing Buffy sounds closer to SMG than the originals do to their own voices.

5. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

Hopefully this will air. Long live the Buffyverse!

6. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

Hopefully this will air. Long live the Buffyverse!

7. Ray H

Ray H Producer

Ray
    Is this supposed to be a show aimed at kids and set around the highschool years? Or is it gonna be a kickass series aimed at adults?

8. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

Supposedly it's being done by the same people who did BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES... so I am guessing it's going to be BADASS [​IMG]

9. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

I gather it's going to be an all-ages show set during their high school years, and by "all-ages" they probably mean like Justice League (no swearing or graphic violence, but no condescension, either). The first time through, it was to be set roughly concurrent with Season 2, with a ten-year-old Dawn added to the cast.

10. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

Don't watch much Saturday morning fare, but I'd give this one a look. I'd probably watch it pretty often if it was dark, like Batman was, although I only saw that a couple of times.

11. Eddy-C

Eddy-C Supporting Actor