Commentary: Fool For Love - Doug Petrie
Commentary: I Was Made To Love You - Jane Espenson
Commentary: The Body - Joss Whedon
Script: The Replacement
Script: Fool For Love
Script: Into The Woods
Script: Checkpoint
Various trailers
I understand Gag Reels for seasons 2, 3 and 4 were certified by the BBFC, but none of them appeared on the discs in question, so it seems unlikely the season 5 one will appear.
As previously stated, this is currently down as a 28th October release.

Angsty

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
Does anyone have any info on whether any of the episodes will be censored for the R2 release (any headbutts in season 5? :D )
Angela

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Hang on? Why were the gag reels pulled? Is there a chance they're hidden in there somewhere as easter eggs?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
They were probably pulled because of the usual reasons. People wanted a lot of money fox wasn't willing to pay

We all would be willing to payan extra $5 for them to be included I'm sure

TheoGB

Screenwriter
*sigh* It is depressing to know that Buffy 6 and Angel 3 are now out in their entirity on VHS here. I will *not* give Fox £150 just so I can avoid the wait until May 2003.
I will NOT! :angry:

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Theo, think about it this way: At best we in the US have till May 2004 for season 6 and probably Angel season ONE

TheoGB

Screenwriter
NOthing to do with the BBC. Fox own satellite TV in this country. It's called a monopoly and it's evil.:angry:
If they didn't stop the BBC from showing the series the way they do then we'd get Buffy on separate tapes at two eps a tape before satellite, the way Paramount did for ST:TNG... ;)

Don Black

Screenwriter
Are the R4 discs censored like the R2 ones? Or, are the R4 discs similar to R1 releases? Thanks.

James Reader

Screenwriter
Are the R4 discs censored like the R2 ones? Or, are the R4 discs similar to R1 releases? Thanks.
AKAIK the UK VHS releases of Season 5 were not censored in anyway - therefore the DVD release should not be either.

The only censorship of a UK Buffy home video release was of Giles hotwiring a car in the episode Band Candy.

However, the episodes are often censored on UK TV, as the BBC are still in the mindset that it is a children's show and show it at 6:30ish in the afternoon!

Can't wait to see how they handle showing season 6!

TheoGB

Screenwriter
However, the episodes are often censored on UK TV, as the BBC are still in the mindset that it is a children's show and show it at 6:30ish in the afternoon!
Err yes, but then they show it late night on Friday totally uncut and in widescreen, which scores two points off $ky!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks