What's new

Buffy season 3 box set: when?! (1 Viewer)

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
Does anyone know when Buffy: season 3 is coming out? I hope soon. I want to watch what happens in Season 3 after the events of Becoming, parts I and II. The ending was such a downer that I don't think I can wait for six months for the DVD box set. I may end up buying the crappy VHS tapes that sell on eBay. :angry:

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
If you looked in your season two set behind the booklet with episode descriptions, you would've seen a little card that says "Winter 2003" (most likely January). ;)

StephanieC

Stunt Coordinator
That's what you get when you don't support fabulous show when it first airs, you get stuck in suspense :D

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Geez, didn't you just get season 2? I'm having to wait for MONTHS to get Oz, The Simpsons, and the Sopranos (although the last one is almost current) but Buffy and Star Trek are being released this quickly? Where's the justice in that?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Where's the justice in that?
There may be no "justice" in it, but it is the result of many, MANY factors.
Sopranos is usually an annual release, since it is an still-ongoing series with a limited number of shows ready to be put onto DVD, especially a season-at-a-time! The next one (S3) is being scheduled to release to coincide with the promotional effort for S4's airing on HBO. So that makes sense.
Simpsons S2 hasn't had any official explanations for "delays". But it is rumored that clearance issues held it up. Not much you can do about that, when "a gun's to your head", right? Just settle the issue, and get the product out as fast as you can. I'm sure Fox wants to make the money off of these as fast as possible! I hope that the next season comes more swiftly. So do we all!
As to Buffy and TNG: Things seem to have gone more smoothly for Buffy. For TNG, it is rumored that Paramount had these almost set-and-ready-to-go for quite a while, and was waiting to get all the elements together for a massive release of this sort. [nostalgia]Ah, how I almost-fondly recall the days a long time ago...2001, I think it was...when HTFers huddled in their threads, bitching about "when the hell is TNG gonna come to DVD?"![/nostalgia]
Chris: life and DVD releases aren't "fair". Get used to it! :D

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Seems to be about right, but what about OZ? There are still four seasons that aren't on DVD, correct? Might they have all of these out as a promo for S6 perhaps (wishful thinking...)?

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
I had never watched Buffy on TV, but I couldn't pass up the deal that Best Buy was having on the S1 set last week so I picked it up oyt of curiosity. Needless to say I'm now hooked and am eagerly awaiting the arrival of S2 from Amazon (good deal with coupons)! Being that I have an all-code player I'm now also finding it hard resisting buying the other seasons from Region 2, but they're pretty expensive over there!

Will Cunningham

Stunt Coordinator
Actually, the Buffy release did not go that smoothly. The region 1 release was delayed for almost a year because of syndication issues. Apparently it could not be released in the US until after it had run through at least once in syndication. They are up to Season 4 or 5 in the UK, and it is SOO tempting to just buy both. :) The only thing stopping me is that I can only play region 2 DVD's on my computer and compared to my RPTV my monitor is way to tiny. I prefer my Buffy in all it's huge sized glory. lol.
Will

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I agree, Buffy was one that took a while to be released.

I was hoping that FOX would speed up the releases a bit, which they seemed to do slightly with season 2, but with winder 2003, it seems like we're back up to 6-7 months between seasons.

Did anyone think that maybe it was a typo? They had many copies of the first season released with "Included all 24 episodes of season one" on the package.

Maybe the same thing happened here...

I wish it was winter 2002, that would put it about 2-3 months ahead.

Less drooling time for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks