What's new

Buffy Season 3 Announced! (1 Viewer)

Sean_U

Auditioning
On igndvd.com there's a link which states that Season 3 of Buffy has been announced by Fox for a January 7, 2003 release date. There's details of special features as well.

edit-I posted the wrong date accidentally. It IS January 7, careless error by me.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
hmm since Jan. 3rd is a Friday and new releases usually come out on Tuesdays...I don't know. If they said Jan. 7th I would believe it. But I do think it will come out sometime in January:D

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Ok It looks like they updated their site to show January 7th. So I believe it now:D . This is good news if I can just make season 2 last that long. I have 10 episodes and have 12 to go.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Yes, making them stretch is tough. Some episodes have great repeat value though. While waiting for season 2, the premiere, Angel, Out of Sight, Out of Mind were very strong for immediate second viewing.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Cool...Can't wait, love this series....Now if we could only get angel on DVD life would be good......

R~

James Reader

Screenwriter
*sigh* And once again the R1 set gets more than the corresponding R2 set - namely the interviews with Joss. This is despite the sets costing twice as much and (repeated) assurances from Fox that the sets would be the same.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Isnt that the day Season 1 of The Shield comes out? Someone stop the insanity already. Jan-March are supposed to be slow months :)

capt

Joel C

Screenwriter
The extra interviews are just the dinky clips from the US VHS releases. He talks for roughly 2 minutes per episode. Really, it's mostly worthless plot summary. I certainly wouldn't miss them if they weren't included. I would've rather had the music video R2 got on S1.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Hi,
*sigh* And once again the R1 set gets more than the corresponding R2 set - namely the interviews with Joss. This is despite the sets costing twice as much and (repeated) assurances from Fox that the sets would be the same.
Well, if that annoys you, then wait until Season 4. That's when the R1 will have at least one additional audio commentary with Joss, Maxi and Seth Green! And yes, I'm pissed off, too. :angry:
Chris

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I can't wait for this as well... but in my case I don't have to worry about making season 2 last as I tend to watch these tv show box series as weekend marathons as I get them. :b I never could wait to finish a set! :p But I do know I will have mine pre-ordered as soon as I can.

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Well, if that annoys you, then wait until Season 4. That's when the R1 will have at least one additional audio commentary with Joss, Maxi and Seth Green!
Bloody hell!! The US must have REALLY hated S4 then. I only got it cos of 16:9 combined with the extra commentaries - sweetening for those of us who thought that season was the suckiest.
Question is: is S4 16:9 in the states?
Happily I held off on S3 due to the non-widescreen issue so I will instead pick up the U.S. edition.
Now I have to work out if I should buy Season 5 or not over here? I guess I have to!!:D

Aaron_Brez

Supporting Actor
Um... Theo, I don't think the US release of S3 will be widescreen. All indicators point to a 4:3 aspect ratio.
BTW, Buffy has never been shown widescreen Stateside. Except Once More With Feeling, of course. :)

James Reader

Screenwriter
Happily I held off on S3 due to the non-widescreen issue so I will instead pick up the U.S. edition.
Well Season 3 was never intended to be shown in widescreen, neither incidentally was Season 4 which was released widescreen in the UK. A few times when watching the season 4 set, you can see examples of incorrect framing. The worst is possibly on the episode 'Where the Wild Things Are', where hands can be seen manipulating the magically possessed vegetation.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks