1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Buffy Season 1 Disc 3 Anyone?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Cameron Yee, Feb 19, 2003.

1. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    I was wondering if anyone HAPPENED to have the third disc from Season 1 laying about that I could purchase. Mine is damaged and I thought I would check here before I went out and spent the cash for a whole new set. BTW I tried the Disc Dr. and it didn't help.

2. Mitch Stevens

Mitch Stevens Supporting Actor

mabye Fox will replace it? I have no idea. I just opened my Angel DVD set, and found that disc 2 is scratched beyond repair! It came like that from the factory. What is going on here? Maybe someone can give us a number to call to replace these discs.

3. Shane_M

Shane_M Stunt Coordinator

Mitch,

You should be able to return the DVD to store where you bought it. Online or retail?

4. GabrielleG

GabrielleG Stunt Coordinator

Did anyone get an answer to this? I just opened my Buffy season two and I had two disk ones and no disk two. I also had two books inside. I'm going to try to take it back to the store. Luckily, I just purchased it about two weeks ago.

Gabrielle

5. Cameron Yee

Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    My experience has been pretty good about exchanging damaged discs. I bought the Rambo Trilogy from Circuit City and I kept getting a loose and damaged disc in the pack until there were no more trilogy packs left to purchase and check. I asked if they could crack open a single of the problem disc and flag the single as defective and they saw no problem with that.

As far as the Buffy disc, it started out as a pixelating glitch that seemed to be affecting only "Out of Mind..." but as I went back to check it seemed the problem was just isolated to the moment when Buffy and company run down the stairs after Harmony. Well, I got on an obsessive jag and thought I'd try the Disc Dr. first. It made it worse and other problems cropped up on the rest of the disc (naturally). In hindsight I should have just calmed down and lived with it. Now I plan to return the Disc Dr. and get a new Buffy set. Weird thing about this whole thing is that I couldn't see any flaws and I didn't see the problem in previous viewings (albeit it was over a year ago). The problem was even worse playing on the Xbox. On a side note anyone aware of players that aren't so picky? Generally my player (Onkyo DV-C501) is pretty accepting. And anyone have a positive experience with the Disc Doctor?

6. Mitch Stevens

Mitch Stevens Supporting Actor

ShaneM:

7. Cameron Yee

Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    Have you considered taking it to a place like Circuit City for an exchange? Some places will exchange as long as they carry the item and you could always say you received it as a gift. I know, it's not that honest and this strategy usually works better post holidays. These days I'm not too interested in online purchasing. The cost savings ultimately aren't worth it to me and really aren't as significant as they once were.

8. Anders Englund

Anders Englund Second Unit