What's new

Buffy S4 R2 Specs (1 Viewer)

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Link Removed
3 commentaries from Joss Whedon plus a further 3 commentaries by Doug Petrie and Jane Espenson. And featurettes. And in 16:9 anamorphic...
Damn, it's the worst season but I might still have to buy it. And I've not bought S3 even. Darn! ;)

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Well it might be, but as this will presumably be of interest to a lot of people wondering what the R1 specs will eventually be like I thought I'd post it here...;)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Yes, it's anamorphic

And you have three..three..three opportunities to bask in the Words of Whedon on Hush, Restless, and Who Are you. Other commentaries on Superstar (Jane Esperson) Primevel(David Fury& James A Contner)

Featurettes

FEATURETTE FOR HUSH

FEATURETTE FOR THE SETS OF SUNNYDALE

FEATURETTE FOR BUFFY INSIDE THE MUSIC

FEATURETTE FOR INTRODUCING SPIKE

A Truely Buffytastic™ set. Too bad the Demon Spawn has to wreck that season.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
If they are widescreen, it is because Lord Whedon decried it

He has enough pull to decide these things

He still composes for 4:3 and protects for 16:9, and my whole point was that IF Buffy DID NOT go widescreen, that was why.

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Hmm. I still reckon he had no real say and that the BBC showing it all in widescreen basically left Fox with no option considering fans already had uncut, TIVO hard disc recordings of each ep in anamorphic widescreen from their digital boxes.

It will be interesting to see if it still makes it in widescreen in R1...You'd hope, but I do wonder if they'll hold off for S5. People have said there are some obvious 'mistakes' outside the 4:3 frame in S4...

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
The R1 had better get em widescreen, though we'll be well into next year til we find out I guess. Unless Season 4 is due early 03 (is R1 meant to get season 3 by the year's end Jeff?).

Dan

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Dan,

We'll probably see Season 3 in January 03. I am crossing my fingers that Angel is their Xmas project, since there's a trailer on the S2 discs

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Hmmm, and early 03 release would be ok I guess. It's very hard to resist the R2 sets that stare me in the face as I walk around the stores every week.

Dan

TheoGB

Screenwriter
I really hate the fact the Fox is willfully releasing Angel out of synch with Buffy. I wouldn't mind so much except that they specifically made sure the VHS box sets came out at the same time!:frowning:

Angsty

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
I notice on the bbfc site that the season 4 episodes (r2) were classified on 13 April with "no cuts made"
Does anyone know if Fox UK did any self-censorship before presenting the episodes for classification? (R2/R4 purchasing decision needs to be made soon :) )
Angela

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Jeff, assuming FOX keeps up the release schedule they have been with Buffy...January 15 - season 1, June 11 - season 2 ... Season 3 should be out around the first 2 weeks of November. :) I would really love that. I too hope that Angel is being prepared for Christmas, but I don't see it happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks