Buffy R2 packaging question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave F, Jun 6, 2002.

1. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

I have heard that Fox slightly altered the packaging of the R2 Buffy sets to reduce the chances of the discs getting scratched. When was this altered? Was it before season 3 was released? Or are early pressings of season 3 in the old design?

Also, the change was to make line the sleeves with paper & to make the sleeves looser, correct?

Thanks,
    Dave

2. TheoGB

TheoGB Screenwriter

To answer your second question yes and yes: The sleeves now come with a non-scratch lining and the booklet is also 'deeper' so you can get at them more easily.

I have the original version of S2 (my DVDs are stored in a separate place) - it was pulled and reissued with S3 with the improved packaging: S3 has always had the improved design.

I don't have S3 (waiting to see if you guys get widescreen by some miracle) but I do have S4. The other major change is there are BBFC logos all over the book itself. With Season 2 I could remove the outer sleeve and have a ratings-less book on my shelf. Ho-hum...

3. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Theo, Season 3 will not be widescreen

Season 3 they started shooting 35mm
    Season 4 was the first where they started protecting the 16:9 area for widescreen airing.

4. TheoGB

TheoGB Screenwriter

Well they've deleted it over here now anyway. Unless it reappears then it will be cheaper and there will be more extras on the R1 of S3.

5. Julian Lalor

Julian Lalor Supporting Actor

6. TheoGB

TheoGB Screenwriter

(a) I don't shop with Amazon for anything but text books - too pricy.

(b) No cool packaging on R4.

I can wait. I have the VHS after all...

7. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

Thanks for the input - I just got S3 on a flea-Bay auction. [​IMG] I'll be buying the U.S. set when it's released, so buy it new & at full price just seemed excessive for my situtation. Although I'll pre-order S5 as soon as I can.[​IMG]
    -Dave

8. Angsty

Angsty Stunt Coordinator

Once you get the widescreen version, you can join in the fun of identifying screen shots with cameras in the shot and the arm of Prop Dude(tm) [​IMG]
    Angela

9. Anders Englund

Anders Englund Second Unit

For those of you with the original season 2 box: I called Fox Uk regarding the issue and they told me to send it in, and I'd get a new one. The guy I spoke with was very nice, and told me I'd have it by the end of next week.

Oh, and season 1-3 was pulled briefly, but were reissued with the release of season 4.

--Anders

10. TheoGB

TheoGB Screenwriter

I don't mind having the original S2 box, actually. All my discs seem to play fine. Might be worth something one day!![​IMG]
    I'll look around for the best price on S3 then I guess...