What's new

Buffy Once More With Feeling coming to DVD! (1 Viewer)

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
And, according to the press announcement, it's also in 4:3! As you probably know OMWF is the only Buffy episode that has been shot exclusively in 16:9. The DVD also includes the music video (the only good thing about this release) and a music featurette that has nothing whatsoever to do with the episode because they just pulled it off the Season 4 DVD set. In other words, forget this DVD, they might just as well not have released it at all.

Chris

Joel C

Screenwriter
Nice cover, but it's not worth it to me to import the thing when I can just suffer with my VHS copy and the soundtrack for another 18 months until S6 comes out.

James Reader

Screenwriter
According to forum member JulianK's website the Buffy Once More With Feeling disc will be released in the UK in April (about a month before the whole season 6 is released).

This leads me to think that the German disc, will indeed have an English language track - despite what Amazon.de says.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
James,

I hope you're right but FOX's press release also indicates that there'll only be a German language track. And a 4:3 image! Maybe they just screwed up the announcement, though.

I really hope they'll release this episode seperately in the US as well. I'm most likely gonna buy the UK season 6 set, but I'd really like to have this episode speed-up free.

Chris

James Reader

Screenwriter
Er. Yes, Season Six. Which is why I pointed out the whole of Season Six would be released about a month later.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Season 6. But a significant number of people apparently didn't enjoy the rest of that season, or at least most of the rest. Yet due to the advertising, and the hype on shows like Entertainment Tonight, folks tuned in to the "musical episode" in droves...and enjoyed the heck out of it.

What you end up with is a lot of people want JUST this episode, and don't want to pay for the entire season set to get it.

I would be happy to buy it from the UK, as it won't be until June of '04 that season 6 hits these shores. It'll ease the wait a bit.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Todd, not necessarily. If they keep up the 4 month pace established by seasons three and four, we'll be getting season 6 around January 2004.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Season 5 will be eligable for DVD in early Augustt, I could definately see a possible Oct/Nov release (please please please)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks