Buffy Once More With Feeling coming to DVD!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James Reader, Jan 25, 2003.

1. James Reader

James Reader Screenwriter

[​IMG]

Sadly in Germany only, and looking at the Amazon.de listing it's German Language only.

Amazon.de listing here

2. Christian Preischl

Christian Preischl Screenwriter

Christian Preischl
    And, according to the press announcement, it's also in 4:3! As you probably know OMWF is the only Buffy episode that has been shot exclusively in 16:9. The DVD also includes the music video (the only good thing about this release) and a music featurette that has nothing whatsoever to do with the episode because they just pulled it off the Season 4 DVD set. In other words, forget this DVD, they might just as well not have released it at all.

Chris

3. Joel C

Joel C Screenwriter

Nice cover, but it's not worth it to me to import the thing when I can just suffer with my VHS copy and the soundtrack for another 18 months until S6 comes out.

4. James Reader

Why, do you speak German, Joel? [​IMG]

5. James Reader

According to forum member JulianK's website the Buffy Once More With Feeling disc will be released in the UK in April (about a month before the whole season 6 is released).

This leads me to think that the German disc, will indeed have an English language track - despite what Amazon.de says.

6. Christian Preischl

Christian Preischl Screenwriter

Christian Preischl
    James,

I hope you're right but FOX's press release also indicates that there'll only be a German language track. And a 4:3 image! Maybe they just screwed up the announcement, though.

I really hope they'll release this episode seperately in the US as well. I'm most likely gonna buy the UK season 6 set, but I'd really like to have this episode speed-up free.

Chris

7. StevenJ

StevenJ Stunt Coordinator

Wasn't that part of one of the seasons anyway?

8. James Reader

Er. Yes, Season Six. Which is why I pointed out the whole of Season Six would be released about a month later.

9. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Season 6. But a significant number of people apparently didn't enjoy the rest of that season, or at least most of the rest. Yet due to the advertising, and the hype on shows like Entertainment Tonight, folks tuned in to the "musical episode" in droves...and enjoyed the heck out of it.

What you end up with is a lot of people want JUST this episode, and don't want to pay for the entire season set to get it.

10. Todd Bennington

I would be happy to buy it from the UK, as it won't be until June of '04 that season 6 hits these shores. It'll ease the wait a bit.

11. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

Todd, not necessarily. If they keep up the 4 month pace established by seasons three and four, we'll be getting season 6 around January 2004.

12. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Season 5 will be eligable for DVD in early Augustt, I could definately see a possible Oct/Nov release (please please please)