What's new

Buffy Musical DVD in yesterday's Variety (1 Viewer)

Eric C D

Second Unit
Yeouch - I'm sure bummed to be a mostly-lurker. I know I'm not worthy, but all I can say is that if there are any more available, I would NEVER sell it, nor would I make bootlegs of it.

Hoping....

Eric

P.S. Just another reason to be jealous of Mr. Staddon, besides his proto-SVS-Ultras.

EricCr

Stunt Coordinator
I would be very interested in getting a copy of the disc. I am a big fan of the show and would love to add this to my collection. I don't know why people always sell these things on e-bay, I know getting $400 a disc is a lot of money but just having a copy of something very rare is cool to me. I guess I just am not greedy enough.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Heh, I was wondering why my inbox was flooded with responses to this thread. :D
To add my voice to the chorus, if possible, I would love one of these as well.
51 minutes: that is the uncut version, right? Anyone know how many of these were made? I'm hoping that prices will eventually level to the $50 range...
-Dave

Eric C D

Second Unit
There's a chance I might be shooting myself in the foot, but heres a suggestion. If there's a limited number available, after Jeff Kleist and a few select others, might a drawing be considered to spread the good fortune around. I'm positive there are other faithful watchers who haven't seen this thread who would love the opportunity as well.
I'd be willing to do the work and absorb the postage costs (for a little consideration :D ), but I'm sure there are other more-known-on-the-forum individuals who would volunteer as well.
Just a thought...
Eric
P.S. Because the weekend is coming up, I'll be at the following email address until Monday (just in case - hope, hope - fingers crossed and all):
[email protected]

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I'm curious - do these promo type deals actually affect the voting? Does it get it back into the 'mind' of the voters for the awards?

Scott Varney

Agent
I really, really, really want this disc as well. I LOVE Buffy and plan to buy all the season box sets (and Angel as well). But $450 for 1 hour of entertainment. Now, if Sarah Michelle Gellar showed up and performed the final number herself... I could go as high as $500 or $600:)

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
I would love a copy of the episode, but I won't pay the prices for the DVD that are going on eBay. I still have the episode recoreded on TIVO from it's original broadcast, but I would like to get rid of it soon for a better quality version.

Carl Walker

Stunt Coordinator
I would LOVE to get a copy of this, Peter... Buffy is my wife's favorite TV show and this would be a tremendous surprise for her.
:)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I know that Peter's gotta be thinking to himself, "there is no way I'm gonna get these discs for everyone who posted AFTER I made my offer". :)
I don't suppose he could come up with a couple of these good TV-related discs for the TVShowsOnDVD people, though.
Uh, that would be me and Gord Lacey . :b
I will make sure there is a spot on TVShowsOnDVD for the extremely fortunate folks among us to show that this disc is part of their collection. I hope I can be among them...
Edit: Perhaps the listing will help the Emmy campaign somehow, who knows? I'd be happy to review the disc!

Doug M

Auditioning
Oh Peter, if there's any chance of laying your hands on extras, I would absolutely LOVE to get a copy...I am a huge Buffy fan and just can't wait for Season 6 to have this on DVD!

I'll second the recommendation to get this disc to market sooner than season 6. It's guaranteed to be a major seller.

Doug Maltby

PS. I'll be out of town until next Saturday, and won't have access to email or the HTF, but promise to check immediately upon return to send you my address ;-)

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
I'm gonna throw an idea out peter....have em press some more and sell them to us for $5 + shipping... $7.95 total? ;) Either way, I'd be in your debt.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Ric, that's a great cover!
Here's the one I made for my VHS tape:

I think your back cover is a little closer to something authentic, however.
While I would love to have a DVD of this episode available in stores individually, what would really make my year is if Mr. Staddon could convince the proper people to clear up whatever issues are preventing a CD soundtrack from being available with the complete versions of the songs. :D
I'd also add that Kyle's idea above is great. If there's any way to have more DVDs created for the Home Theater Forum, I would certainly be interested in paying for the privilege. If there's only a few discs available, maybe there could be a contest of some sort. Either way, the initiative of Peter Staddon to even look into the idea of getting some discs for fans is very commendable.

Kenneth_C

Second Unit
I figured I'd add my name to this list. (Nothing ventured, nothing gained.)
I've been a big Buffy fan from the very first episode, and I would truly love to have this disc.
I also hereby promise to never eBay, sell, copy, or otherwise try to profit from it.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Very nice work Derek!

I like the way you framed the poster on the front, instead of just filling the whole area with it. I may emulate your design in a future version. Any way I can view a bigger copy to read all the text? I had downloaded those pix you used myself, but then had no room for them with my current design.

I too am thinking that Peter Staddon is gonna have alot of work cut out for him locating more copies. I imagine all the Ebay scavengers have been through it all with a fine tooth comb, I do wish him luck however. For obvious reasons!

Ric

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks