What's new

Buffy Musical DVD in yesterday's Variety (1 Viewer)

Peter Staddon

Stunt Coordinator
I'll see if I can lay my hands on some more and get tehm over to teh people in this thread.

Don't hold your breath though, since someone is paying $450 on Ebay spare copies have seemed to have vanished.

I'll see what I can do.

Peter Staddon

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
OK, I've got a cover and am still working on the disk!
Link Removed
Click Link Removed for larger view.
Some of the graphic elements (like the front poster) aren't the sharpest, but it was the best I could find on the internet.
-Ric

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
Peter, you are a god! "Not the God, but a god."
I put in some bids for these disc, but alas they are going for way more than the wife will accept.
-Lyle J.P.

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
Nasty, but such is the nature of Ebay. People pay outrageous sums for things, honestly. As others have echoed, it's a darn shame too, as the musical episode of Buffy was literally the only episode I saw this season.
I love Buffy but have no cable, so I trekked over to a friend's house across town just to catch it. Completely worth the effort, and certainly the most memorable hour of TV I managed to see this year (I started dating a girl with cable afterwards so I saw other shows :D).
If there's any justice the show will finally get some recognition this year...

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Thanks again for the disc Peter, I didn't want to make my source public lest you be innundated with requests for copies
My tire went flat when I went home at lunch time today, pity, took 51 minutes to fix :)
cover looks good Ric!

LarryH

Supporting Actor
So looking forward to when this season is released on DVD. Unfortunately when I tried to tape this off the air (on a very weak cable signal, anyhow) I didn't get the word on the extended length.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Don't hold your breath though, since someone is paying $450 on Ebay spare copies have seemed to have vanished.
Strange that happening when the chance of a fast buck arrives!
Damn, my wife would love that disk. She'll have to wait till the season comes out :) Hope the framed poster will keep her happy instead!

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Free cover and case to whoever can hook me up! Now that's worth a hundred bucks or 3... ain't it?

And hey this thread sure got crowded all of a sudden! Just remember... I was one of the first!

Your future bestest bud,
Ric

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
I'll see if I can lay my hands on some more and get tehm over to teh people in this thread.

I'll see what I can do.

Peter Staddon

Thanks man.

I'd kill for this disc. I'm not the world's biggest Buffy fan or even the biggest musical fan but I took a chance on this episode on TV and loved it. Infact I'm listening to the music right now in the background.

If you can't find any extras maybe there is interest in releasing this in stores. I think this would be a very popular release. I'm not interested in season sets of Buffy but I would buy this disc or even the entire season to have that episode on DVD.

Heck I'd even review the disc if you sent me a copy. You almost assured a favorable one.

Oh well back to phoning my limited sources and seeing if they happen to have one.

Mark

Chris M

Second Unit
I will admit, that episode was kinda cool. My wife would LOVE a copy of it! With the music, it would be really cool if it was 5.1 :)
Sigh, too bad I can't afford it off e-bay.
Chris.

brianacook

Stunt Coordinator
I really hope this influences the Emmy voters, but I'm pretty sure we will be shut out once again!
Jeff, glad to see you got yourself a copy. When you played it, were you half-expecting to see a Flyers game?? hahaha!! Sorry, couldn't resist.
Oh, and yeah, I'd love to have one of those shiny little discs too Peter. :)
Brian

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
I almost went out in the dead of night to an all night news stand the day someone announced that this was in Variety. I was going to buy a few and offer them to people here for just the mailing. But, something told me it was not available on news stands and I didn't go, since going out would have meant leaving my unwell and elderly mom alone for about an hour and I didn't want to risk it. (Almost anything for Buffy but not quite everything!)

Anyhow, I was almost glad to see that it was only available to subscibers when I couldn't go to the newstand, because that meant I made the right choice to stay in with my mom. But those guys at FOX or Variety or where ever selling this free promotional piece for hundreds of $$$ on e-bay should be ashamed of themselves!

Deborah

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
When Peter Staddon posts, people listen. :)
This does sound like a pretty interesting episode. I've become interested in the series through the season sets and am greatly anticipating the second season.
On a side note, couldn't eBay technically shut down those auctions since it is a promo item? (I realize promos get sold all of the time on there, but there are occasions when they get pulled.)

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
If any are still available, my wife would LOVE a copy of this. Buffy has grown to be one of her favs. (And it all started because of the Buffytastic thread!)
Oh, please please please!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks