What's new

Buffy Chosen Collection Availability (1 Viewer)

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I noticed that this set is starting to get hard to find. Is it a limited run, or will places like Amazon get more in the future?

I waited to long I guess :frowning:

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
kind of annoyed now that i didn't get this in the DDD sale.
i wasn't that crazy about the white box nor the expected footprint of it on the shelf, but finally seeing it in person squelched both those.

maybe they'll release the whole shebang on 4 or 5 Bd discs.

scratch that. no maybe about it. Buffy will migrate to next gen format and if there is no improvment in the video side, at least there will be the opportunity to seriously cut down on shelf space from less discs.

still, the Chosen collection did look much nicer in person...

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Well that sucks for me. I wanted to watch the series (via rental) before I bought it. Now that I found that I liked the show, I wont be able to buy it on DVD unless I buy the older single season sets that would end up costing much more.

Oh well, I guess I only have me to blame. Although I find no reason a company would do a limited edition. Seems to me you should sell as many as people want to buy. I don't get it.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I think the limited edition thing was a bunch of hoopla. I have no "limited edition collectors number" on my copy, nor does anyone else I know who owns the set, and that was supposed to be included

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Well I just noticed they are back in stock at Amazon. I guess they werent a limited edition. That is good news for me :)

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
As far as I know, they changed them from being LIMITED.

My local best buy has several copies for the full 199.99 retail price.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
I'm glad I got mine in November from DDD for $139 (first time I ever ordered from them), and I finished re-watching the majority of these and all the extras on New Year's Day. So I'm done with the set for a long time to come.

It doesn't bother me that there is no limited collector's edition ID # on these. I didn't even look for one. :)

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Jeff,

Did you wait until the 20% off sale? ;) Most people held out and got it for 111.99.

Now that was ONE heck of a deal.

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor

One could argue that this may have been one of the best deals ever for DVD's.

This was 7 complete seasons, 144 hour long episodes, a bonus disc, brilliant shelf saving packaging for 40 discs, and all for $111.99.

This link shows a good vid of the packaging in case some people are wondering how they fit 40 DVDs in such a small space

http://images.amazon.com/media/i3d/0...yboxrotate.swf

Andy

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
The set has gone out of stock again at Amazon. I finally gave up and ordered it from Barnes and Noble. They had free shipping, so the cost was the same as it would have been at Amazon.

On a side note, I have been monitoring this set on ebay and people are paying $170 + $16 shipping for used sets. That is just stupid considering a few places on line still have new sets in stock.

Oh, well. The marketing won out in the end. It made me buy before I normally would out of fear that the set would be gone in a few weeks.

But on the bright side, I have (or soon will have) a set set to call my own. (assuming B&N really has them in stock)

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
I'm now considering the set. I've rented the first disc of the first season, and I'm going to try to get into it.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Elijah, you should do it!

This show just gets better and better as the series progressed. If you like the first disc, you will love the entire series.

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
I watched the pilot episode a year and a half ago as part of a class I took about women in television. The pilot was good, but it didn't grab at me. I plan on watching it again, though, with the other episodes on the disc either tonight (though not when Veronica Mars is on) or tomorrow (after my one class tomorrow morning). If I can get into it, I'll check out the rest of Season 1, and keep going if I still like it. For me, the Chosen Collection would be the best way to go if I decide to buy the series, so I'm glad there are places to get it still.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Elijah,

Season 1 is pretty good, but season 2 is probably the best season of television in the history of television. Amazing is too small a word.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I'm a little angry I missed it at Amazon, and DDD. I heard it was limited to 300,000 copies. Did that many units actually sell since November 15? I guess Buffy does have a hardcore fanbase jeesh. Although I'd like to have it being a huge fan and all, I'm not paying $200 for it considering I do own the season sets already.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Bryan,

That's why I sold all my previous sets on Ebay. I made about 160 bucks when I factored in what I payed for shipping, so in all, I got a bunch of shelf space, got rid of the digipacks which eventually end up falling apart, got the bonus disc, and made 50 dollars profit. AMAZING.

Jeff#

Screenwriter

Don't rub it in, Robert. If I knew about a $112 sale in the first place, obviously I wouldn't have spent $139. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks