Buffy / Angel question (1 Viewer)

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
A few comments:

I have the hots for Glory.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

For some reason im not into Angel S2. Tell me it gets better.

Buffy S5 is much better than S4

John McM

Second Unit

depends, some people LOVE Angel, some people HATE it. I am kinda in the middle. I know a lot of Buffy fans who loved the first season of Angel, but got more and more disinterested as it went further away from it's parent show.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Probably a contractural thing. Signing a "recurring guest" contract probably gave the actress more freedom to work on other projects if/when they appeared than signing on as a regular.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Surprising. I just finished S3, and I must say the first 2/3 of S2 is the best part of the series so far.

IMO, S1 should have been 13 eps like Buffy, not a full 22 eps of mostly standalone stuff. Ugh. It got better toward the end, but the absence of arc made most of the season a bit laborious.

S3 ended on quite a gloomy cliffhanger. Must have sucked to watch that during initial broadcast...

I must say I am already sick of Connor. Unfortunatey he will probably be prominently featured in S4?

Also while Angel's demons are the main fuel of this show, I wish there would be a bigger picture once in a while, I miss a good Impending Apocalypse (tm).

Random ramblings.

--
H

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben

Yes, but on the plus side, season 4 does have a good Impending Apocalypse (tm).

I'm in the minority that thinks season 4 is vastly overrated. OTOH, it has several episodes that I could watch over and over again. Even the weakest season of Buffy or Angel (and which one that is depends on personal taste) outranks almost everything else on television.

M.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Im not through with Angel by any means. Im just frustrated and tired with how dark and depressing it can be. Also I dont find myself gettng into the characters nearly as much as Buffy; also the balance of humor and drama is much better.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Actually, there are plenty of episodes where Tara is absent. However, they're done so you barely notice. She's in the most important episodes. I think she appeared in only 16 or so of season 5's episodes.

and Jason is right, I believe being a "guest star" meant she was allowed to be off doing other things when they didn't need her. Being a regular would require her to be on the set at all times... even if she wasn't needed, restricting her activity on other work.

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
Yeah wasn't she making her indy movie "Chance" during Buffy season 5?

And I'd have to say Angel season 3 (and the first half of season 5) are its least depressing moments. Angel is far more darker than Buffy. It leaves you with hope in the end at least.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

Well Angel is dark and depressing and it's not suppose to be light by any means. I have to say that Angel does Dark and depressing well where as Buffy Season 6 and 7 are examples of how Dark was not done well and not even half way as interesting. When Angel tried to have a lighter feel at the beginning of Season 5, it just didnt work.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
If you want light Angel, there are a couple light episodes in Season 3. They seemed to try and stick a few in there between the arcs. But Season 4 is almost completely dark.

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
The cat had been out of the bag for months that tara was going to die
. I remember on buffy boards, there was alot of arguing about tara's death and spike raping buffy
because a wildfeed went out one week early.

Anyways back to that question, she's probably not a regular in season 5 or 6 because whedon and amber benson already knew she was being killed off.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Im into S6 right now.

How did they film Once More...? I know its the only Buffy Ep in widescreen but is it supposed to be 2:1 or 1:85? And why the hell isnt it anamorphic?! :angry:

Also a few random thoughts so far on S6

I hate the "Super Villians" They annoy me. Glory was my favorite Buffy villian.

I know this the season of :
Evil Willow and Buffy/Spike get it on
Cant wait to see how this plays.

John McM

Second Unit
am I the only person who thought Spike and Buffy
were a great couple? People disliked Riley because he was not Angel, so pairing Buffy with another vampire who was the antithesis of Angel
was logical.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, it's just you. And about a bazillion teenage girls, apparently.

Me, I fail to see the difference between Season 4/5/6 Spike and Jeffery Dahmer with an ankle bracelet.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I don't mind Spike as a character (at least as far as comic relief is concerned), and hell...I don't even mind a relationship between Buffy and Spike. My problem was with the execution. They were never really together...it was this perpetual love/hate thing. They didn't make a good couple, because they were never really a couple. Both of them were constantly whining about things. It got old really quick.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks