Buffy and Angel

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Andy_Bu, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Andy_Bu

Andy_Bu Supporting Actor

Hi all,

Two quick questions

1) I have just started to watch Buffy (just finished episode 5 last night) and I am interested in following along the threads that were started here about Buffy watching challenge but in reading the first couple of posts in that first thread they seemed to be more for people who have already seen the show (ie I already read minor spoilers). Is it safe for a first timer to read those threads?

2) Has their been any rumor or statement about whether Angel would be released as a complete set ala the Chosen Collection?

Thanks

Andy

2. Demis G

Demis G Second Unit

about 2.
    I think so yes.
    check tvshowsondvd.com

3. Kevin Grey

Kevin Grey Cinematographer

Honestly, avoid the Buffy Challenge thread if possible. It isn't exactly spoiler heavy, but these are two shows where you want to go in as spoiler free as you can.

4. Nicholas Martin

Nicholas Martin Cinematographer

Actually, no.

In November, ANGEL will be re-released in the same slim sets as Buffy and The X-Files.

5. Andy_Bu

Andy_Bu Supporting Actor

ok with that in mind, maybe I will just ask questions here since I am a total newbie.

At the very end of the season 1 episode entitled "Angel", Buffy and Angel kiss, and then she says good bye to him and then the camera pans down to focus on his shirt lapel and then the picture fades to dark.

I have watched the scene a few times but I can't determine what I was suppose to see on his shirt with the darkness of the scene.

I thought maybe is was suppose to show that he endured the burn pain of Buffy's cross on his chest while kissing her but I could not tell.

Andy

6. Scott_F_S

Scott_F_S Second Unit

Her cross burns his chest. That's pretty clear on my DVD.

7. Andy_Bu

Andy_Bu Supporting Actor

thanks, thats what I thought it was but neither my wife or I could tell for sure.

While I am here I might as well post my nest question, is there a defacto "best" Buffy site like Lurkers Guide for B5 or Gateworld for SG1 etc?

Andy

8. Nicholas Martin

Probably. But if you visit any of them you're more than likely to be spoiled to hell.

9. Chris Lockwood

Chris Lockwood Producer

> In November, ANGEL will be re-released in the same slim sets as Buffy and The X-Files.

Separate season sets, not a whole series set? So just slightly different packaging?

10. Andy_Bu

Andy_Bu Supporting Actor

bummer. Thats why I specifically mentioned the lurkers guide and gateworld, but are excellent at keeping the comments only based up to the episode you are watching.

Andy

11. Andy_Bu

Andy_Bu Supporting Actor

12. Nicholas Martin

There's a Veronica Mars site like that as well.

There is an abundance of Buffy related sites, but a good deal of the ones I've seen haven't been updated with much since both series ended. The ones that are current now post fan-fiction "virtual seasons", and what the cast/crew are up to nowadays. All sites (just search "Buffy" and you will see just how many different sites come up) do seem to share one thing in common - that its visitors have seen both series, and therefore have spoilers everywhere, not just in text, but images.

There is one site that offers downloadable previews (in MPEG, AVI and MOV formats) of both shows (for just about every episode of both shows) that is relatively easy to navigate, doesn't spoil much (unless you click on future episode synopses) and watching those previews gives a great nostalgic feeling - like watching the shows originally on the WB.

If you decide to watch them, and since you are still in season one, start here:
    http://www.buffyworld.com/buffy/season1/season1.php

I downloaded every ANGEL episode trailer from there, and watch them whenever I watch the DVDs. Just watch the trailers for the upcoming episode you have to watch, and it'll be like 'stay tuned for scenes from next week's all new episode' every time...because to you they are all new [​IMG]

If there's a spoiler-free site somewhere, and anyone knows about it, please help Andy out and share!