Buena Vista TV Sitcoms - what is wrong with them?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by RoryR, Apr 28, 2006.

1. RoryR

RoryR Stunt Coordinator

Boy Meets World: Seasons 1 & 2 were released with a good array of commentaries, not a bad selection of extra's. Season 3 released with a cheap quiz - then Season 4 was pulled, I am guessing bad sales after a terrible release.

Home Improvement: Season 1 had three commentaries and a clip reel, not bad, Season 2 & 3 had 'recut' clips - pfft. Season 4 has some bloopers, I imagine bloopers that are played through the end credits of the show.

The Golden Girls: Season 1-4 had terrible extra's. A fashion extra or a quiz - take your pick. Season 5 is a turn around - 6 commentaries with Bea Arthur, Betty White & Rue McClanahan - great except it seems to have caused a ripple effect with Scrubs.

Scrubs: BVHE tried very hard, 6 commentaries and featurettes on Season 1 & 2. Season 3 was released in Europe with 6 short featurettes, in the US 2 commentaries and a few more featurettes - why do they ruin everything? Its selling well! Well, crappy extra's are not gonna make it sell better.

2. Jay_B!

Jay_B! Screenwriter

personally, I was ticked off with GG at first but considering the episodes have always been uncut with all music and everything, I don't really mind lackluster special features

3. RoryR

RoryR Stunt Coordinator

Buts its really disappointing when you think a show like this, a classic, can't be remember with how the cast/crew thought about it. There are so many times I think wouldn't it have been great to see what the cast thought about this and - thats it.

4. Jay_B!

Jay_B! Screenwriter

that is true, funny how commentaries start in season 5, which IMO, is when the show began to go downhill a bit (it was still good, mind you, but it wasn't quite what it was the first four seasons IMO)

5. Phyll

Phyll Stunt Coordinator

What's up with the price increase on their dvds? Anybody know? Corporate greed or what? How rude!!!!

6. RoryR

RoryR Stunt Coordinator

No idea.

Funny though, PlayUsa.com have it cheaper than the previous sets!

7. HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow Screenwriter

Henry.
    I want them to release the sit-com "Style and Substance" (1998).

[​IMG]