What's new

BUENA VISTA drops inserts as well (1 Viewer)

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
yup,

all of this week's arrivals did not have inserts.

thar yoo go.

anyone interested in some early reviews, holler!

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
ALL of the BV titles released as of last week have no inserts, hence...

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
BVHE can stop making all the inserts they want, . . . if they would just give us an anamorphic re-release of CRIMSON TIDE!!! :D

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Ooh, this makes me want to buy the 55% of Operation Dumbo Drop and Tom and Huck they're releasing today for $19.99 SO MUCH MORE!

Mark_Paul

Agent
Let me get this straight. No inserts whatsoever? A black void to the left of the disc? Or are they using a clear amaray, with a double sided sleeve? This I can live with, but I find no art inside the case really worrying.

William Waits

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I guess Disney will start putting "Chapter Listing Inserts" as a special feature of their movies, much like "Full Color Artwork On Disc" for Pinocchio (and others)... :D

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The studios are probably phasing them out pending the switch to the slim cases. Not much room on them for anything other than the disc. And the way the "Family Guy" cases are designed, the hub nests with a circular ring on the other flap to keep the disc from sliding loose, so you can't put anything between them.

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
black void it is, my fellow DVDwan.

it is not like R4 brackley cases, they are.

but Warner music has started that way, they have.

beware the cheapening, it has begun it has.

:D

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
But how will they explain to consumers about the virtues of the feature films being OAR 16x9 without inserts?

Oh yeah...I get it now...

MarkBurton

Second Unit
The Rescuers does not have an insert either. Boo I say. Boo.
In case anyone is interested in making a custom insert, here are the Chapter Stops:

1. Opening Credits / "The Journey"
2. "Rescue Aid Society"
3. Duty Calls
4. At The Orphanage
5. At Madame Medusa's Pawnshop
6. Albatross Air Service, Flight #13
7. "Tomorrow Is Another Day"
8. Devil's Bayou
9. Penny Runs Away
10. Mr. Snoops And Madame Medusa's Hideout
11. "Someone's Waiting For You"
12. Escape Plans
13. The Devil's Eye
14. "We Did It!"
15. Volunters / The End

WillardK

Second Unit
The studios are probably phasing them out pending the switch to the slim cases. Not much room on them for anything other than the disc.
Sounds like a great idea to me, since most discs don't have any more insert information beyond chapter stops (which could either be included on a much smaller sheet or even on the back of the case). I like the hub idea as well and think that any packaging design that is both more secure and less likely to damage the disc when removing it is welcome. The amray cases are a waste imo. I have boxes of them to get rid of in fact. CD sized packaging with a fold-out if anything would make much more sense. I'd be happy enough with sleeves. That's where mine end up anyway.

John Watson

Screenwriter
Re Thin Cases - good article. Personally I'm grateful that DVDs didn't follow the cd jewel case model - those being one of the ugliest klutziest packages to hit the market in the last 20 years.

The rubbery amaray cases were much better, and don't forget, we got to put 2 movies where a single VHS case had been.

As for the inserts, except on a few quality disks (eg Criterion), most were not very informative. Even the Chapter Lists failed to indicate elapsed time in the run of the movie. (Why DVD players don't permit this useful feature has always puzzled me.)

I do like movie packages being a different size (taller) than the cd package, and I guess these slim- packs still permit this. Tho thats obviously redundant when the disks the themselves are the same size, and the accountants and bean counters behind "cheap creep" will probably eventually come to that realization :frowning:

Richard Michael Clark

Second Unit
so, erm what happens to releases that have 2 or more discs? (not boxsets like Family Guy but those 2/3 disc SEs of movies etc) Are they gonna start releasing everything in boxsets now? Wouldn't that defeat the object of the slimpak?

I do like the idea that they would actually HOLD the disc in place though! no more bloody shakers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Righ
Recent bookmarks