What's new

Buena Vista: "crazy/beautiful" Please release R rated cut... (1 Viewer)

Christopher Carr

Stunt Coordinator
I never had the chance to see this movie in the theatres and from online sources they said the movie was 2 hours and 10 mins, then when I checked recently they said it was only a small 95 mins.
I looked up on the IMDB and found out that the 130 something min cut was the director's cut and that cut is R rated. Now the movie did not generate lots of box office, but I was wondering if an R rated cut may change the minds of those buying it. With the R rated cut, the movie won't be seen as a regular teeny bopper movie.
You don't even need to release only an R rated cut. You can release a PG-13 and R rated cut on one disc or you could release a PG-13 and an R rated cut separately. I would really love to see the director's intentional cut because I wanted to see the 2 hour movie in theaters but I would have realized i wouldnt have seen the whole treatment. You saw what the PG-13 rated cut brought in for you box office wise, why not see how the R rated cut would have been?
------------------
"I don't want to kiss you here...I want to kiss you- there."
"You can put it anywhere"
"Kathryn, the only thing you are going to be riding is me!"

Will K

Screenwriter
I've haven't seen this movie, but I understand the studio buchered it to fit their marketing intentions, which obviously failed. I'd interested in the real version, but not the released one.
BV, while you're at it, when are we gonna get the director's version of 54? How about that???
------------------
My Scary DVD Collection

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
My boyfriend saw it and Loved it. It was marketed to the teen audience but hey, they didnt see it .
I wish Studios would leave this kinda stuff a lone and let the filmakers make they movie they want.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks