What's new

Budget TV help (1 Viewer)

NeelMehta

Auditioning
Hi, i am a college student and need some advice on a limited budget home theater setup.

I have an Onkyo Hometheater in the box setup which i love and a progressive scan Toshiba DVD player. Now all I need is a good tv set to replace my old one.

I recently bought a Toshiba flat screen CRT tv, specifically the 27" AF45 with 16:9 viewing and component inputs. It seems to work very well, and i am happy with it. I paid $210 for it as an open box.

I also just saw the Panasonic CT-27HL14 27" TAU Series HDTV-Ready TV for $365. It seems to be a 4:3 HDTV with no HDMI input.

I am wondering considering my setup and the fact that I mainly watch movies on DVD, will I benefit by spending the extra money to get this TV? Will i see a better picture with hdtv and progressive scan? Or would you wait a year or 2 and buy something better down the line.

thanks in advance!

Neel

John S

Senior HTF Member
At 27" screen size the difference will be minimal and the Tosh flats are pretty good anyways in my experiences.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks