What's new

Budget Subwoofer to match with NSP1 (1 Viewer)

Matthew Furtek

Stunt Coordinator
I have the JBL NSP-1 speakers, and due to an auto accident haven't been able to setup my system when I wanted to. Now it looks like I won't be able to until after I graduate, but I still want to buy a decent subwoofer, and set up the NSP's and sub in my dad's house.
Right now, I've been looking at the Dayton 10'', Sony WM-40, and now the JBL refurbished stuff at harmanaudio.com.

Help me out guys, this is my first subwoofer purchase. I know the best sounding subs will be at a higher budget, but right now I'm just getting my feet wet with home theater, and don't really feel like I'm going to need expensive stuff (for now).

Matthew Furtek

Mark Fitzsimmons

Supporting Actor
I've heard rave reviews of Sony's SA-WM40. I don't think you'll get a better sub for its price; you can get one around $150 or less.

The NSP1 is a good speaker setup and you may want to upgrade to even a better sub in the future before upgrading the speakers.

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
I have the WM-40 and its great. A little boomy, but what can you expect for $150? Definitely recommended.

Mark Fitzsimmons

Supporting Actor
Adding a little polyfill to the inside (very easy) will tighten it up some.

Whenever someone mentions the SA-WM40 someone always notes that its boomy, which may deter some buyers, but when compared to other subs in its price bracket its no more boomy than the competition.

Matthew Furtek

Stunt Coordinator
Where are you guys finding this Subwoofer for $150? The cheapest I saw were a slew of scratched models at the Charlottesville Crutchfield. If I can find this for $150, I'd probably go for it over the DLS 10'' .

Matthew Furtek

Jason Co

Second Unit
For those of you who own the WM40 I am curious as to where your placement is. I own one and have it in the corner of my room. My sub cable isn't long enough to move it out of the corner, but I am wondering if anyone has it placed anywhere but the corner and still experiences the boomy-ness?

J

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks