What's new

Budget Setup Help (1 Viewer)

Webster_XS

Auditioning
Real Name
Will
Hi. This is my first time posting here, seems like a knowledgeable community.

Here is my deal. I want to buy a simple TV setup for my mother for Christmas. I have a budget of around $2k. I was looking just to get an HDTV, Blu-Ray Player, and a small sound setup. I had planned to get a Panasonic VIERA TH42PZ85U from Newegg, as well as the Samsung BD-P1500 Blu-Ray player from Newegg as well. As for the speakers I am lost. I would like to keep it simple (2.1 or soundbar), but surround sound wouldn't be a problem if the price is right. Any suggestions?

All this setup will be used for is watching movies and TV. I don't need anything really special. Also if there are better alternatives than the items I listed above around the same price, please let me know.

Thanks.

Alain.P

Grip

Good afternoon ,

you could go with a Yamaha RX-V 463 receiver i think it is around $299 with a small soeaker system from EMP the ECA-4 serie 5.0 $499 and the yamaha Sub YST-FSW100 for $150

Tht should get you a decent system under $1000

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
This blu ray system sounds pretty decent. They have one setup at our local Sam's Club, and I was impressed with it, especially with it being a home theater in a box system. The speakers and sub sound pretty good..........
Sam's Club - Samsung Blu-ray Home Theater System
Good luck!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Hi Will.

For a Mother setup - I like the soundbar option. Parents are not comfortable with receiver/subwoofer/speakers in general. (Ok, My mother depends on me for all this stuff). A soundbar reduces the complexity.

A company called ZVox makes some lower priced ones. I have tested their lower end Stereo unit and did not like it (but I did want to try the cheapest one they had). I suspect their mid-range $500-$800 units which are 5.1 systems are better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Righ
Recent bookmarks