What's new

Budget of 2.5K whats the best HD RPTV to get right now? (1 Viewer)

KyleS

Screenwriter
I have a friend that is ready to buy a new RPTV after spending some time over watching movies on my 53". I have been out of the market for some time since I have not had the need to replace mine yet so what are the best options in his price range right now? He can go up to a 65" screen size and wants to go with Wide Screen only. louisville Ky, cincinnati OH, & Indianapolis IN are all about the same distance from us to look at stores too.

KyleS

Mike Dzurko

Stunt Coordinator
I was seriously looking at RPTVs for the last year. My search had narrowed to the Hitachi. Certainly a leading candidate in RPTVs. Then I totally changed course and went for a PJ and am completely thrilled.

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
Get a projector with native 16:9. Less hassle, less bulk, bigger picture! They're wonderful!

KyleS

Screenwriter
A projector is not an option for this guy since he doesnt want to mess with replacing bulbs (running dual duty with lots of regular TV use) and he has Zero light control in the room its going into.

KyleS

Mike Dzurko

Stunt Coordinator
Kyle:

A PJ is a projector. You said a projector was out, so I suggested the Hitachi for RPTV, that's what I was about to buy before I switched to a PJ:)

KyleS

Screenwriter
I didnt want to assume that the PJ stood for projector instead of something else but thanks for the heads up.

KyleS

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks