What's new

Budget 27"- Toshiba 27A41 Is it an OK TV for $299? (1 Viewer)

Luke_Y

Second Unit
Christmas shopping for my GF I saw a Toshiba 27" (27A41) for $299. I realy don't follow the smaller TVs as I have a RPTV. When I replace it, I'll be geting another RP so thats what I keep up with. As lower price 27" TVs go is that Toshiba decent? Any issues with it? It has component and s-video inputs.

I have that tv in my gameroom. Play videogames and DVDs on it and it is FLAWLESS. one hell of a little 27 inch tv. i researched alot before i bought it and i found it to be the best 27 incher in the sub 500 price range. i think you will find it is awesome too. good luck.

Mike

peter_anderson

Stunt Coordinator
per another thread in this forum which i started today, i bought the similar model which has PiP and it has a darker top left corner. otherwise it is a good TV. oh, and always get the extended warranty.

Gil D

Supporting Actor
Luke,

I was looking at the Philips 27PS55S which has similar features and priced at $299. The only problem is that absolutely no one has this TV in stock due to it's price/popularity.

Since I'd like to stick to a silver color, the JVC AV27D302 is another candidate but priced about $50 more. Anyone have experience with this tube? The picture and sound wasn't bad but saw some mention of audible buzzing produced by the set while scanning a few reviews. How bad is it? I didn't really notice in the store with all the background noise blaring.

I thought that Toshiba model listed for $399 so your price is very good. Please let me know where it's available for that price.

Gil

Luke_Y

Second Unit
Well, I picked up this TV today. Best Buy(I hate that place) was out of stock and didn't think they would have more before christmas. I was disapointed becuase it was to be a gift for my GF & I was also going to use a cupon for 10% off on any TV $299 and up. They had the Toshiba 27A51 wich adds PIP for $50 more at $349 but I didn't want to spend $50 on a feature she wont use (D*TV).
I decided to try my luck at Sears. They had the same 27A41 for $319 and the sales guy said it would be no problem to match the $299 of BB. When I asked if they would match the 10% off as well, he said no- but I could ask the Mgr. if I wanted. I asked real nice and she:b said she would do it for me.
So it ended great! Got the TV I wanted for like $286 tax included and didn't have to give stinking Best Buy any of my money:D

A

Andrew_A_Paul

I'm looking at either getting the Toshiba 27a41 or the 51. For 50 bucks more is it worth it (don't care if i have picture in picture)? After reading this post, which is better, the 27a41/51 or the Philips 27PS55S??? Or even the JVC AV27D302...?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Andrew: We recented invested in a Toshiba 27A41 ($299, on our doorstep no shipping cost from best buy for reasons too complicated to get into). Other than some very, very minimal geometry distortion, the picture on this set is incredible for a 27" TV. It approaches digital quality sets, and supports component video, which is a plus. The sound is merely average, however if you run it all through your home theater setup, like we do it's a non-existant problem. For a financially sound 27" TV, I highly recommend it. Since the 27A51 is exactly the same except for picture in picture, you might as well go for the -A41 model.

Real Name
Jonathan W
My father-in-law bought a 27A41 recently and I tried to calibrate the TV using Avia. It seems like the color decoder is the weakest link and there is too much red push. I have no way to calibrate correctly. But for the price he paid, I can say it's a bargain.

JW

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks