What's new

Pre-Order Buck Rogers in the 25th Century - The Complete Collection (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
The TV version is a different cut to the film and as you say Australia included, everything was Mono But the cinema of course had many forms of Stereo surround.4 track Magnetic and Dolby Stereo Surround.
Have to say the Stereo version sounds wonderful,especially in the cinema,with Sennsurround added.
where I ran it for 3 months In Sydney.
I have the Stereo mix,if Universal want it.
But first, you should make a copy of it for them, that way you still have yours.

~Ben

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I'm really enjoying this set. It is nice to have the commentaries, and other special features.

Looks fantastic, and So much fun. I wish there were a sci-fi series that were so like minded on today, both family friendly, and stand alone episode oriented ( I really miss that). Sadly, that ship has sailed, and grim series with realism, cursing, dark subject matter, and not a stand alone episode to be found.
Escapism has never been so rare these days.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I agree. There should be a place for light-hearted, episodic sci-fi.

Maybe the recently announced new Buck Rogers project with George Clooney will fit the bill.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I agree. There should be a place for light-hearted, episodic sci-fi.

Maybe the recently announced new Buck Rogers project with George Clooney will fit the bill.
Maybe, but it would probably be laughed into oblivion if it remotely resembled the Gil Gerard series. I'm not sure what has changed, but shows like this are considered terrible/unwatchable by a lot of folks (along with the original BSG)...something I will never understand. (fun, light hearted, or dark, and depressing...good tv is good tv no matter what).
Especially considering a lot of the writing was more solid, and completely satisfying than a lot of current sci-fi shows.

Family centered, escapist tv programming has been replaced by gritty, no fun, wet blanket style sci-fi that is all the rage.

I'd think there would be room for both to co-exist, but apparently not.

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
The Orville is the closest thing to escapism Sci-fi on TV currently. Doctor Who is still mostly family entertainment. It's not entirely gone.

Jasper70

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Harold
I am also enjoying this set. PQ is great. Wilma was a beautiful woman!
I watched it during its original run, I was 9 at the time. I can only hope there will be more shows from then that will see the Blu-ray treatment.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks