1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Buck Jones THE ROARING WEST, VCI

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by J. Casey, Nov 13, 2019.

Tags:
  1. J. Casey

J. Casey Second Unit

Jason
    Just got this in....another of the new transfers by VCI from Universal's elements. Looks great for a raw scan. Unfortunately, it is BD-R over 2 discs....at least from Amazon. The last one of these I bought (THE VANISHING SHADOW) was a pressed disc. Curiously, THE ROARING WEST DVD was pressed!

Despite some hiccups, it's going to be nice to see these serials from better prints than ever before on video. I've never had issues with BD-R discs, but like most here, pressed discs are preferred.

Bert Greene and ahollis like this.
  2. smithbrad

smithbrad Screenwriter

Brad
    Please, keep us updated on your thoughts. I'm also interested in picking up some of the VCI distributed serials on blu-ray.

3. iaf6

iaf6 Auditioning

IF
    I am also loving these serials. Disappointing to hear that they may be switching to BD-R though...

4. Bert Greene

Bert Greene Supporting Actor

Just received my blu copy of "The Red Rider" (1934-Univ) serial, purchased via Moviesunlimited, and it looks like two normal pressed discs, not BR-mod's. I'd purchased VCI's dvd version back in June, when it appeared that was the only format it was coming out in. As much as I'm one who rarely indulges in double-dipping (especially after only five bloomin' months!), I just had to for this particular serial. It's a real gem, and undoubtedly my all-time favorite western serial. Bought VCI releases for thirty years now, but every now and then they'll frustrate me a bit, like the way they handled this release. But anyway, I surely don't understand the Amazon/BR-mod situation. That would really, really bug me.

ahollis and Jack K like this.