Bubble Boy - playback problems/compatibility?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeremy Anderson, Jan 18, 2002.

1. Jeremy Anderson

Jeremy Anderson Screenwriter

I picked up Bubble Boy this week (which was way funnier than I expected it to be), and it plays fine on my Panny RV-31. However, my friend Malisa wanted me to bring it over for her to watch on her Philips DVD player... and we couldn't get to the menu to start the movie! Once you put the disc in, it behaves normally until the trailer for CRAZY/BEAUTIFUL ends... at which point it cycles through Title 3 on the player twice, and then starts the trailer for CRAZY/BEAUTIFUL over again. Hitting either MENU key makes it start the trailer over again. Since I knew the movie was on Title 1, Chapter 1, I tried to change manually to that... but all of the controls (even STOP!) were locked out. We never could figure out how to get to the movie. It still works fine on my Panny, so is this just a wierd player incompatibility?

2. Jeremy Anderson

Jeremy Anderson Screenwriter

So... I guess I'm the only person who bought this disc and had a problem with it? WHEE!

3. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens
    your lucky, I can't get it to stop playing!