What's new

Bubba the Love Sponge to SIRIUS (?) (1 Viewer)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I have no idea who this is, but apparently Howard Stern has said he is targetting other like-minded jocks to fill in his streams, and this guy is on his list of people he thinks will be there..

Who is this? Anyone know?

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Yep, Bubba is a guy who had a Stern-like morning show in Tampa. After some pretty hefty indecency fines, he finally got fired, right after the Superbowl controversy. His real name is Todd Clem, but I think he legally changed his first name to Bubba the Love Sponge.

He was also on trial a year or so ago for his role in slaughtering a hog on the air. He's also running for sheriff of Pinellas County, where St Pete is.

His site says he'll be on Good Morning America Thurs. Hope they have a delay:
http://www.btls.com

Wouldn't surprise me to see him move to satellite, since any station would be nuts to put him on the air in the current climate.

Bryan_O

Agent
Bubba is pretty funny (well, was when he was on the air). He used to be on in the mornings on XM extreme, where the Monsters are now.

One regular on the show really made it funny for me, a southern feller by the name of Ned. Ned used to do some seriously funny phony phone calls. You can probably find plenty of Ned bits on the net.

Rob T

Screenwriter
Howard doesn't really like the jocks who try to copy what he does then don't acknowledge his creative genius so I doubt he'd hire them.

The same goes for TV talk show hosts.

Bryan_O

Agent
Why is Bubba's show considered a copy of Howards. Because he talked on the radio, and he is/was funny? Oh,I guess Howard invented 3rd grade humor...

Rob T

Screenwriter
It's considered to be another lame copy of the show by the fans in the Florida area because it's pretty much Howard's show minus the humour. At least, that's what I hear. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks